Elofty Direct Drive

Group buy? If so I’m in… For science of course.

I will ask if they have the RKP version. If they do, I’ll pull the trigger, now that I have sold my unused skullboard.

1 Like

Sent you PM.

1 Like

Let me know if they have a RKP version. I’d like also the Abec adapter.

Thanks bud

BillGordon talked to them and they said that’s for initial prototyping. They have since shifted to these current designs.

1 Like

At least a pic of the trucks? :joy: I’m asking because when I tested mine The clearance was way too little with a angled riser.

So who knows if these fit SR TKP baseplate?

If you have around the hangar of a evolve you can check yourself. They’re almost identical.

1 Like

BillGordon put them on some cheap TKP baseplate. Waiting to see the pics. I’ll order a pair soon.

1 Like

I rode these guys today. They feel amazing. Strong brakes. I’ve used for now only 45a/-45a.

8 Likes

Consumption is 9wh/km. Wow. Were you going downhill? Going in a circle should give the correct value.

Yes, downhill, usually, on my way back it should be around 17wh/km

1 Like

Is she beautiful yet?

same seller has the same Evolve complete I mentioned earlier:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Skateboard-100-Carbon-Fiber-Switchable-Direct-Drive-Motor-Double-Truck/153407934531?hash=item23b7d35043:g:mo4AAOSw-kdcemA0

@sofu this is the Carvon-on-Evolve we discussed last year, and if that’s the board I saw, it is the same manufacturer of the actual Carbon GT deck (not Foxen).

Very impressive to see this product realized exactly as described, and @BillGordon @DAddYE and the others who bought this thing, thank you for leading the way. I ordered one thanks to you guys.

If the eLofty drive looks good, we’ll go ahead and buy the eLofty complete next week and put together a dual-Unity, eLofty AWD build, publish it and credit you guys.

eLofty appears to have succeeded where so many other startups have failed; if that eLofty complete board is what I think it is, it has the 2018 Chinese ESC & controller with the LCD panel, 10S4P 30q in two packs, the actual Evolve OEM deck on slightly wider and stronger hangers.

The weight of four TB 110s with four eLofty axial motors in a perfect, 50/50 weight distribution sounds ideal.

Very impressive to see the vision made real in an unexpected place. Thanks again.

12 Likes

Give this man a cookie! That’s exactly what I’m aiming for in my next build, so I’ll follow you intently. Please do it soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome to see next-level peeps giving these motors some love. With my underwhelming battery and the worst ESC I have ever used, they still put a huge smile on my face.

I cannot imagine the level of performance you will coax out of them. Exciting times, and I will be glued to this thread to see what you think.

This deserves a resounding "fuck yes! "

3 Likes

Here the graph on my way back. Check the elevation. It’s no joke.

2 Likes

How hot do they get? Any bending?

1 Like

That’s awesome. Any additional thoughts on how you like them?

BTW, the motor is not reporting a temperature. Would you know why?

Are such immense spikes in watt hour consumption normal on regular builds? Looking at it quickly it spikes and falls from 0 - 150 - 10 pretty quickly, is this a startup on a hill or something? :thinking:

Also at the beginning when it says your motor amps are in the negative(is indicates breaking, right?) It also shows a consumption of 300wh/km :joy::joy: what’s happening there? :thinking: