EMB Crash when ESC locked up

@longhairedboy does the maytech remote have an adjustable fail safe feature?

you mean the ones i’ve been using? Nope. It has zero configuration and just works 100% of the time.

1 Like

Have you tested to see what happens when the wires from your receiver to the ESC get disconnected while riding? Or bench test?

yes. The throttle drops, becomes unresponsive, and cuts out. No brakes, no gas, just free roll. It is not the face streeter that the winning was for sure, but neither was the Gen 1 steeze remote. This is why i’m still with Maytech on remotes.

I’ve had it happen multiple times. This last time the receiver just died of old age or abuse, just flaked out and then nothing. Time before that, wires got smashed under a screw and shorted. Another time they just got disconnected with vibrations.

It just puts you in a free roll, which can be a little bit of a shock if you’re holding the throttle down at the time. Losing brakes sucks too.

2 Likes

I can confirm the maytech remote behavior as explained by lhb. Have MT remotes on my setups too.

What ESC are you running?

I figure its an isolated issue, but I fixed a bunch of my cutouts by just soldering the ppm wires together(focbox ppm wires to the reciever wires). I found the connector they shipped with was kind of crappy at keeping the crimped wires in place :man_shrugging:

This was my old build, which has since been dismantled… cant do any further testing :L

@ShueBox

Why don’t you solder the Servo wires on the receiver and then calibrate the remote?

Already done - just have to get the new motors on so I can test it… work always gets in the way of my fun… and the 16 hour wait for 3d printing new gears!

Well after some absolutely horrific customer service from Enertion (actually, Mr Collins above) I got the board back together with this amazing new upgraded firmware… well on my VERY FIRST BENCH TEST doing the guided setup my unity burns out… GREAT WORK GUYS!

So now I have a “nano x” controller that is TWICE THE SIZE AS SHOWN ONLINE and made cheaply in China (which I had to fight with Carl Collins to even get in the first place after numerous promises it had shipped when in reality they never shipped it… and just stopped responding when they have no answer for you), one broken Unity that worked PERFECTLY FINE (minus the throw me off and try to kill me issue) before their amazing firmware upgrade and will probably just be told it’s my fault and they won’t replace it… and I have another on order for a while now that they refuse to give me a refund on.

So how should I go about this? What options do I have @carl.1 and how long before I can at least get an answer from your horrific customer service department (or Carl Collins, seems he is your whole customer service department???)???

2 Likes

focboxunityburntout

Looks like the 3.3v regulator blew up… What was connected to the unity?

Not sure what’s going on with your case, can you let me know the ticket id of your case so I will check what kind of horrific service you got?

A battery, a maytech remote and the two sensored motors… so how exactly does that blow up with nothing connected???

Carl, YOU’RE THE ONE IGNORING MY EMAILS UNTIL I THREATEN TO CONTACT MY CC COMPANY. Don’t act stupid, YOU’RE THE PERSON PROVIDING THE HORRIBLE SERVICE. Do you REALLY want me to paste the email chains on here? If you honestly don’t know, I’ll gladly copy and paste each email, I would prefer to avoid further embarrassment of you but will gladly post them if you continue to act like you’re clueless. Nathan Shue - look it up.

2 Likes

@ShueBox I AM NOT IGNORING YOUR EMAILS. As everyone knows that support is now 12 hours Monday to Friday and also please don’t expect a quick answer on emails.

About your inquiry, You asked me to ship the Unity without the new firmware update and I told you that you are okay with the older version of firmware, just ship a unit for you.

Then I replied yesterday

Hey Nathan

Apologies for the delay in response! About the Instagram post, they are ready but not delivered to the logisitcs from the production unit. So they will be coming in next week and then we will start shipping them.

So, it will be best for you to wait until the end of this month to get the updated version.

What do you think?

After that you replied today That is fine, I’ll expect it by months end and if nothing comes I’ll work with the bank on a refund.

And also: Welp, the new firmware just burnt out my current Unity… how do I go about getting that replaced or repaired without having to wait a year?

Please keep in mind that Support is only available for 12 hours (7 am to 7 pm US time) which means my shift started only an hour ago. And I do reply to your email within 24 hours.

Also received a response 14 minutes ago.

We announced this in our most recent newsletter if you missed it.

All you need to do is have some patience man.

PS: Always expect a reply within 24 hours from the support (not instant)

Also, not sure how it’s the horrible customer service :thinking:

I am also happy to share the email chain here if required :slight_smile:

No need, as soon as I have two hours to waste I will post them. Starting with the nano x remote, questions that still haven’t been answered, lies about it being shipped, multiple emails over NUMEROUS DAYS without response until I threaten to file a claim with my bank. I’ll show the real side, not your edited BS. Also, would love to just get a refund on my other Unity, I am done with your company and if I can’t trust it to work on the bench then I sure as hell don’t trust it with me on it. Or do you still have a “rule” about returns? Didn’t see that in the fine writing but would be happy to get my attorney involved if need be.

It doesn’t! Just like an RBMK reactor, it can’t explode!

2 Likes

First of all, I haven’t edited any of the response, I simply copy-pasted them. 2ndly, I think we already shipped your NANO-X and I have already provided you the tracking ID on which you asked following thing?

Do you have a manager? Is there anyone above you that can actually help me? Your customer service is absolutely horrendous and before I take this public I want to make sure this isn’t just you - I’d hate to ruin the reputation of a company based on one person but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Tracking ID of the NANO-X shipment: http://www.dhl.com.au/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=8347711772&brand=DHL

Not sure what else do you want the reply for on that thread as the product is shipped and delivered as well

We only have 3 open tickets from you 1: 80042 2: 80664 3: 80443

One of which Rizwan has replied to you.

Other than that if there is any, let me know.