EMF Hub motor final sale!

Need to heat :fire: the crap out of itā€¦then it will come out

have a look through the packingā€¦ it may still be thereā€¦

although Iā€™m pretty sure that grub screw is superfluous now that the holes in the truck are there.

Thanks so much for sharing your though process. Legend. Remarkably Iā€™ve just got my head torch on and dug through the foam in the box and there it was! Must have been a hell of a bumpy ride from China! Itā€™d be good to know though what Jacob thinks as to needing or not needing these grub screws.

well mine is one of the early models and it relies 100% on that grub screw to stop the motor from rotating on the axle. I had to file a flat in the axle for that grub to sit in. however now that the rotational force is held with the side pins and the longitudinal force is held by the sleeve nut. Iā€™m not sure that grub actually does anything much anymoreā€¦ still can never have too much mechanical forceā€¦

I hear ya. Just looking at the two different thread lockers I have ,243 and 638. I think Iā€™m going to go with the 243 (a little less permanent.)

Hey guys I donā€™t mind comparisons being done but organise some videos and stuff. Hey and buy the way over 26 ppl should have there kits where are the build videos and ride videos? Or is the problem vesc?

Will be uploading comparisons between Jacobā€™s hubs and an r-spec mono drive (@michaelcpg) in a variety of situationsā€¦ Just need vescs If I find a boosted board user in Wellington around Iā€™ll ask them to join too haha ā€¦For now, feast your eyes:

3 Likes

I just received mine and they look pretty sweet. Gonna put them on an old Santa Cruz deck and test them it soon using Torqueboards 12s escā€™s. No VESCā€™s yet. Gonna try 6s, 9s & 12s.

@jacobbloy What estimated speeds should I be expecting at 6s & 12s? Iā€™d like to know what to expect and target with my setup. Btw, Iā€™m about 70-75 kg if it matters.

6s about 22km/h and 12s about 45km/h. Iā€™m 95kg and have not found a hill i canā€™t get up with the appropriate run up.

Has anyone tried Jacob hubs in foc mode? Can you post video? I am wondering how much silent they can go.

you can do it but benjamin vedder has these motors and for the vesc to read the resistance correctly and do the calculation he has suggested to use a 5mohm shunt. If any one does do it with out changing the shunt please read the instructions first. http://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Dale/WSLT27265L000FEB/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtlleCFQhR%2FzcEfI2omQAY%2F%2bkEyYQo1wn%2F0H%2bxQ63p9gA%3D%3D

VESCs :frowning: 10characters

Hereā€™s a link to these little bad boys rolling out of the workshop. Only on 6s so getting a shade over 12mph on bad surfaces. I need Vescs!

1 Like

Sadly, awaiting VESCs from @onloop

1 Like

Anyone know how long these take to ship to the US?

Less than a week

Patience. Theyā€™re coming.

I just got more VESCs. I can hardly contain myself.

So selling the motors 27d ago with an ETA of 1st week of July was just scam? Only if you have bought them 4 months ago, you maybe got them this week? Questionable business Iā€™d sayā€¦

No, its real and the delays are reasonable. Consider it this way:

Instead of having the motors shipped to him in Australia, he gives the production facility a list of addresses (thus not double paying on import tax). Only issue is that any company you work with for small volumes gives fewer than 2 craps about your order given that its low volume (take it from me and Enertion, if you order less than 100 youā€™re a low priority).

Jacob is developing and selling these on his own time. Its pretty damn time consuming and its impressive that heā€™s doing this at the same time as he works at Enertion and develops a circular VESC.