EMF Hub motor final sale!

What size is the new mold ? 90mm ?

Received my hub motors! Look good!

Just received my EMF Order today and I’m so stoked! They look awesome! The day is finally here! First Impressions: To be fair, I don’t have any frame of reference, as this is for my first build but, apart from the bad, very thin motor leads (See Below), these seem, at least at first glance, like awesome motors, and a good kit, They feel sturdy and of good quality.

I do however have 2 things that I’d like to point out. straight outta the box, one of the two motors seem to have been rushed, 2 of the 3 motor leads have some serious “bends” in them to the point where I actually think that one of the two “damaged” wires, are broken inside the insulation. Now sadly i can’t test, my hypothesis right now, as I still need to get VESC’s and a battery built, but it sure feels that way….

|Solved perhaps…| It’s a litte hard to tell from the picture, but it seems broken, it easly bends past 90 degrees in a sharp point. :confused:

Now the other thing is a smaller cosmetic thing and is also partially my fault. When I ordered the EMF I also ordered a set of spare Thane, and I know there’s been some confusion with the colors of the orders, but I recieved BLACK wheels and ORANGE spares, that means that i “can’t” use the spares with the front wheels, and this just seems really silly, now I did not specify what color I wished for, but I did assume at least that they would be the same color xD Sorry for the rant, @Jacobbloy Keep working at it and you’ll have yourself some amazing motors IMO! :smiley:

• Greetings from that Dane! (And sorry if my english is a little off, it’s only like my third language :wink: )

measure the resistance between the “broken” phase wire and another one and you will know if it’s broken. Maybe the heatshrink didn’t fully shrink

1 Like

WOO! got mine, order 608 box was a little bashed but to be expected here, motors seem great… now for those VESCs

@jacobbloy Are you planning on shipping mine, (bought and paid for 4 months ago) anytime soon?

Got my hubs in the mail. They look nice. I wanted orange urethane but I received black. I want them to match my kegel front wheels as the ones supplied are pretty bad even wobble. They come with no loctite on axle or grub screw and I lost a grub screw already no big deal. Haven’t tested them because enertion vesc are months behind I knew I should have bought from ollin. Things that would have been nice are silicon wire, 3.5 grub screw because 1.5mm hex strip easy, shielded bearings, female plugs for the ESC, and drill template. Also hope there is a 90mm motor urethane in the works because I already dented the cap just pushing around my neighborhood I wouldnt mind hot rodding it with 80mm wheels in front and 90mm in the rear.

Damn that’s fucked up. I took mine for a kick around the block when I got them a couple days ago not realizing that there wasn’t lock tite on the screw. I just checked and I lost one too.

Dumb idea.

It does say in the instructions to do add lock tight.

I will send a replacement if u need.

No it’s all good. What size is the bolt? Can I replace it with a bolt instead of a grub

It’s 3mm I used pan head. U need the prefect size to clear motor cap or you can remove motor cap and fit a longer screw I believe

1 Like

Or even remove a little material on the screw head to clear cap. Should be better because bigger hex

I tapped mine out to M3.5 and added a bigger screw… but yeah… loctite your shit! all of it! you building e-skateboards you should know this by now.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/2X/e/e84aaa46c4f994122377cc15549566ebe6306de7_1_690x388.jpg

and use some blue loctite on the 4 little end plate screws too.

I was just going to ask the question, do I need to add loctite, given it mentions adding in the instructions. Looks like I found my answer.

I agree 100% !! 90mm is just so good to ride, having these hubs with 90mm should increase also top speed at some point, and shouldn’t decrease torque as it is already 70kv with enough torque.

I’ve received mine. Mine have arrived without a grub screw in one of the hubs.

I guess I’ll find one at a local hardware store and replace both but with locktite?

@bigben Yes with red Loctite

If you have a dremel you can get a cap head m3 screw and remove some of the material from the screw to clear the motor cap. I have done this and should be better for removable down the line

I think Jacob recommends blue loctite now so the parts could be removed without stripping the aluminum

Agreed. I just tore mine apart and put blue loctite on everything. I’m pretty sure you won’t ever get that tiny grub screw out again with the red stuff.