EMF Hub motor final sale!

There selling a product that needs to be safe for consumers and it’s a complete product. So they will have alot more safty features built in then your average DIY build and the they are making these specific to one product not 20.

It make controlling the outcomes in different situations a lot simpler. Boosted board have done it also.

We are talking about winding temp limiting and acceleration and brake curves, top speed limiting.

There is only so fast you can brake at 20mph so the 2 options are you come off your board because it’s to abrupt or you hit the object you are trying to avoid. Some where inbetween that I guess is a point where you can break effectively with out urethan slipping. But this has gone off topic a little, the talk about urethane slipping is great as this is the solution we are trying to find. Inboard have announced shipping and I would hope a thread gets started when they do.

Thanks @jacobbloy. Solid insight.

That must be nice to see the big companies that raised a fortune selling future dreams are following u. All these kick starter boards claiming to be the lightest or fastest or whatever…they’re nothing if they’re in no ones hands. We’ve all been selling motors for…a couple months and a lot longer I gunna do sealed motors

1 Like

oh man - just got the letter from DHL about import duties to Germany :frowning: Thought I got lucky and it slipped through. How much did you have to pay? They somehow added 86€ to the 100USD invoice price as a “Hinzurechnung”. Had to pay 33€ tax and 12.50 DHL fee which ended up being 48€ with sales tax.

A bit off topic but important. Do you have shipping costs on the invoice. If not, DHL adds horrible costs for shipping to the invoice price. I just got two VESCs from enertion and it was free shipping, so there was nothing written about shipping on the invoice. DHL added € 125,- for shipping to Austria and so I had to pay taxes for this. I’m waiting for jakobs hub motors and hope he will add the costs for shipping on the invoice for DHL.

No shipping on invoice - that is probably where the 86€ are coming from. In your case you should contact dhl however - as far as I know you have a right to get taxed correctly. In my case it was still cheaper than the actual price so I just payed without protesting.

Nearly the same in my case! What bothers me most, is that you have to pay immediate without a clue how much it will be.

What do you mean by immediately? I got the payment request letter almost 3 weeks after the motors arrived.

Whaaaaat? I always have to pay the taxes in cash to the delivery guy when receiving the package! And of course I always have enough cash with me… NOT

Yeah that is exactly why I was so surprised - never had that happen before. I also don’t understand how that can even be - what if I don’t pay but have the box already? Will they take the box back? I could have damaged it in the meantime. It is super weird. My enertion VESCs have gone through without me paying anything as well - will have to see how long it takes for that letter to arrive.

Jacob,

Do you have any info or updates on the progress of the hub motors? I could live without any wheels so as to get my hub motors. Appreciate the help.

3 Likes

Jacob,

I have tried to contact you about my order… I see that other people have already received their motors. I have ordered sometime ago. I (and probably others) am wondering whats happening, since those motors do cost some money… I would really appreciate some infos…

Best regards Sean

Received today (actually they were at the DHL depot for a while, anyway) I like the packaging and the manual (also the price was good too ^^) - I will test them on good asphalt and try to not stress them too much, hopefully the urethane will stay in place, otherwise I’ll try to put a bit of glue on the edge if this starts to happen.

2 Likes

I had gotten an email a few weeks ago from Jacob saying he was going to try and fix the slipping urethane issue before he sent more sets out.

Fwiw, the urethane seems to stay in place if you don’t accelerate too aggressively, so if you are just cruising and not trying to drag race, I think they should be totally usable until the new urethane gets sorted out. It seems like they just have so much torque that the urethane can’t hold on if you try to unleash all of the acceleration potential. I still can’t speak for high mileage longevity though, since I don’t have time to actually ride very often.

1 Like

hello, I have placed an order at 399$ so you mean I have to cancel my order and reorder at 299$? cheers

Hi Jacob , could you please update me on my order ? Do we have a solution for the 4 WD and if so ,when it will be shipped ? We had a chat a week ago and you said there is some testing going on .

Yes I will fix this for you.

@jacobbloy Any updates on the slipping issue?

you fix that to me or to Bobyhack? :slight_smile: cheers

Jacob, you told me a few days ago you ordered new urethan and it will need 30 days to produce it. Please make us waiting a bit easier and tell us the difference to the old wheels. I’m sure many people waiting would like to know it. Thanks Franz