EMF Hub motor final sale!

Hey @jacobbloy - its a long thread and I may have missed something - did you send out anything for the remote control project. I singed up for the “i’ll put it together group” - just checking in

No one else needs the plastic sleeves and inserts to stop the slipping wheels? I sold 2 orders only.

International shipping kills it for me… i’ll probably go the “drill a big hole into a wheel” route

Yeah - not gonna spend money on 3D printed parts that need to be shipped internationally when I could just print them myself.

I printed mine with 0.09mm or 90 micron layers it’s so thin that there is no need to worry about infill % just make sure your wall thickness are more then 3 layers. I am testing printing one with 0.14mm layers as most will have a similar resolution on there printers. And printing 2 on the same bed.

4 Likes

Awesome - will try this asap.

Don’t print Jacob’s file. it will not fit:

@jacobbloy the screw dent dimensions seem completely off. What is going on?

With such a thin wall and tight design might find that people have different tolerances on their printers. Jacobs might be slightly out or maybe yours slightly out.

The tolerances do not influence the shape of the dents. look at them - they are way rounder than what is on the motor. Also I am using a Stratasys printer - I doubt that I am the one whose tolerances are “out”

Yea if you look at the other guys printed ones they are same more rounded. Yea most likely not but I have found that when printing things.

Guys I didn’t expect someone to just copy my idea. But if your going to copy it at least make it work right. It took me alot of work and many hours of testing and adhesive research to get to a design that fits right and performs well. That is why I offered the lowest cost solution to fix it at $20 you also need to have nubs in there that fill the gap.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

coming from the guy who copied Jacobs motors that’s pretty funny.

4 Likes

I didn’t copy Jacobs Motor. I have his motors just like all of you and I developed a solution to a problem everyone has had for a very long time. Jacobs motors are his and no one has copied anything everyone has actively offered there ideas and solutions to improve his design. His work is his work and my work is my work. You got it?

5 Likes

Didn’t see this coming :joy:

It’s true you didn’t copy jacob’s design, but the factory who made them and you tried to make business with the hubs after jacob’s collapse. The whole Jacob’s Hubs Story left a bad aftertaste.

Dude Jacob himself uploaded the files :confused:

Didn’t Jacob upload the files yesterday? Ralphy tried to do something to help the ones with problems and no support from Jacob, before he came back to help. People don’t work for free, keep that in mind. Next time do it by yourself, if you have time and knowledge to develop a solution. If Jacob hadn’t sent flawed units Ralphy wouldn’t have made any solution, so he’s not “copying products and making money out of other people’s work”, just fixing problems and getting back something, since he put his own time on it. When he came out with a solution everybody was “wow finally something to get this project back in the road”, now he’s the incarnation of Devil making profit. Oh, and it looks like Jacob’s solution isn’t even working well, so…

Life is not just black or white …

I fully appreciate the efforts that @ralphy has put in. I just found his choice of words funny.

@SirDiff Calm down man. no one said he was the devil. far out, talk about jumping to conclusions…

5 Likes