EMF Hub motor final sale!

Thanks for the quick response! I had the same feeling, glad my hype didn’t convince me yet :p. Would you be considering doing a thorough comparison between both? I think alot of people are waiting for that. But ofcourse your call ,)

It is probably because the trucks are just Paris clones. I would probably replace them when I have the chance anyway. Aside from the trucks, what make you think that they feel like a toy?

Bushings. Urethane quality. Wire gauge. I wish the money that was spent on the cut out foam inserts went to a better product.

Ehhh I don’t know I don’t really advocate for either one. I feel like hubs still need some work. But I might once I ride them for a while

Hey guys, in every said that I would be sending proper Paris trucks, I don’t know how you would expect to pay $249 or $299 and get Paris trucks and ABEC 11 quality urethane.

But the urethan is Australian it is just hard because it doesn’t have rebound properties but when tested on a duro tester it still pops out at 80-83a. I produced these moulds my self because of the time constraint.

Good news is a have proper mould with still not the best quality but higher quality urethan. My moulds are finished and I got the sample. The sample is 78a way to soft for this application. But the problem is the MOQ for the wheels is 1500pcs per wheel but when I raise the money I will be happy to rend a set to any one free of charge.

Also, hummies phase wires will also be thin maybe not has thin because he uses delta (Wye winding halfs the phase wire strand count) but he has had the factory solder on multi strand silicone wire that does nothing to improve the performance of the motor.

physically beating the motor, or just a bunch of riding-style test??

um… ok

Imgur

5 Likes

I think that this constant competition between @Hummie and my self is getting old. @Hummie has a great motor and i had a chance to ride them the other day and they have great power and they can climb most hills. they get hot but he has combatted this very well with high quality parts and a great design.

This is a design that i have said it better then my own in functionality and strength.

3 Likes

Let the battle commence!

I’m calling it 'The Hubening". There can be only one.

But seriously, it’ll be good to hear about the respective strengths and weaknesses of each design approach through some considered, independent evaluations.

2 Likes

hills, less heat, way more torque, start from a stop = Jacob

smaller, better design, high heat but tolerant to it, easy rubber swap = hummie

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice bottom line summary on hub comparisons, different strokes for different folks. I am partial to torque lol. Did you or Jason or someone ever post any further comparisons or videos of hubs in action?

Received DHL text message for shipment! Delivery tomorrow!

Have you ordered black/black?

When I placed the order there wasn’t a choice between colors, and since pictures were in orange I figured I would receive orange. But I did message Jacob on esk8 and on VESC.net asking for orange. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Btw I am in USA