EMF Hub motor final sale!

Order #608 in New Zealand and no sign of motors, I didnt get a tracking number that I know of… should I be worried ?

Order numbers started at 527. I have know shipped 25 sets I will update tracking numbers on e commerce very soon so you will get notified by email. So currently we are around 552 but not exactly because there is also nunchucks in the list.

I started shipping standard sets so the default is black on black do if you where with in the first 25 sets sold but have requested orange you will be shipped very soon…

3 Likes

Uh yeah :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Nice keychain :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did these hubs come with any modification tool in case we want to switch to a different pair of trucks?

Was waiting for that comment :smiley: I am not at home so had the wife send me a picture. No idea about tools or anything - I have also only seen the picture I uploaded here.

No tools included and not necessary imo. Please remember that the trucks are modified to fit the hubs. So if you want to switch the trucks you need some skills to modify the hanger. If you have these skills I’m sure you have some hex keys as well :wink:

But a very good manual! Every setting in the BLDC tool is explained and a basic value is recommended.

I just remembered Jacob having to mention something about shipping his hubs with a drilling plate in case people want to switch out the trucks. It sure would make the modification job a lot easier. But if not, it’s fine too I guess.

hey mate yes i did say this but ill just been releasing a 3d file on thingiverse that you can get made and use.

That’s great! I don’t mind really, having just brought a 3d printer myself.

Oh snap, I totally forgot I had these coming! It’s Christmas in July!

Fudge. I wish I accidentally had 6 Vesc’s coming that I likewise forgot about.

5 Likes
4 Likes

under the urethan there is no aluminium it is mild steel.

Got my hubs in. First impressions . Front truck/wheels feel light as hell like theyre made from something other than aluminum. Maybe it’s the urethane … Not sure. Bushings squeak and squeal like a Walmart board. Wire gauge on the hubs is like 14? Maybe less… Super thin. Urethane is super hard like a hard plastic. Not real Paris trucks.

But hey the packaging is nice… I like the color also (black)

Will update with tests.

Im really interested in how those hub motors feel to ride from an urethane point of view. grip when carving hard, damping of rough pavement, Im sooo damn spoilt from 90mm 75A flywheels … :innocent:

Does not sound that great… The Chinese thing was not communicated clearly from the beginning, I remember of hearing something from polyurethan from Australia. Then your first impressions. Based on the order numbers the ETA will never ever come true for my order.

I’m wondering if these hub motors are any better than the BISEK ones?! @caustin If you receive your EMF’s, I would love to here a first impression comparison type of thing as @barajabali did.

Do you happen to have the hummies for a comparison? It’s this kind of heathy critisism that might convince me to chose between these and the hummies.

EDIT: no bad feelings towards jacob ofcourse :wink: you’ve got to produce these somewhere and profit has to come from somewhere.

I was slightly skeptical on these being a bit to aliexpresslike if you catch my drift. And the things you just mentioned kind of confirm it.

for @senseless and @3sly

I’ve had 2 hummie hubs and now Jacob hubs. though I haven’t gotten a chance to drive these yet. My first impressions of hummie hubs were a lot better they had a lot of weight to them and just felt professional.

These look better but don’t have that feel of quality. they honestly feel like a toy. But. I won’t know till I drive them. These are just first impressions.

I’m underwhelmed

1 Like