Endless Ride for VESC?

Any update on that topic?

Also interested, Though I wonder how it would be implemented in terms of activation and deactivation. Along with loading it onto the VESC. Hopefully @Ackmaniac or even @rpasichnyk is interested enough to play with or accept collaboration to add it on (time to dust off the old C)

Any updates? Has anyone implemented a push kick, ā€œendless rideā€ mode into an of the open source ESC? Has anyone on esk8 made any remoteless builds yet?

1 Like

How would you like remotless setup to even work?

From what Iā€™m guessing a skate board that only assist in maintaining push speed with programmatic limits of how fast it can go. Though I donā€™t know how you would stop such a set up, I am interested in the concept though. No motion sensors, no remote. Just a push-assist electric board.

1 Like

I started a new thread trying to answer that question here

1 Like

Anyone can implement the feature if you know how to code either in C, C++ or something allowing detection of you pushing your board.

Great example of Dunning-Kruger effect

5 Likes

HEYO! I see someone else enjoys psychological principles.

1 Like

This thread is struggling with people who havenā€™t watched the video or grasped the concept. Iā€™d still really like to see this feature.

Did any of you super smart gents look into this?

@okp have you used a mellow board? I feel like if anyone could explain this it would be you.

I think it would be great to build a 30" cruiser with a tail, 10s2p and some spongy wheels to kick around in town.

3 Likes

I built a 10s1p battery onto my normaly ā€žanalogā€œ Quinboards mini me (30ā€œ). Combined with a single 70mm hub it was mor than capable to assist.

The only missing part was the seemles integration that the endless ride provides.

1 Like

Hey mate, yeah I did use one for 1 month. I only rode it in endless mode because to me itā€™s the only interest I see for my riding style.

The behavior is pretty easy to get, if my memories are correct

• You can push the trigger but if you donā€™t roll, nothings happen (no acceleration)
  • When you push, the boards keeps rolling and the speed decrease progressively over time
  • Side effect is that if you are at speed, you have to adapt the way you push to get the good sync (because the mellow keeps the speed on the momentum), you have to get used to that when you go up hills.

I decided to try it at the maximum the endless can over which is doing a manual on the hubs all the way on the Inception bridge in Paris. Doing so, you have a complete feeling on how the drive reacts and itā€™s sometimes weird (you need to get used to that), when you have littles micro edges on the ground, the wheels slow down (because of the force cause by the defects on the ground) and then accelerate back; that was the most challenging side to get this manual all the way.

I definitely agree on the fact that a 30" cruiser with a tail, 10S2P on endless ride would be dope. I donā€™t think having the removable battery adds value in this anyway cause you can get serious range on endless ride (++30km distance if you like to push and carve);

check my insta @ridewithokp I posted the wheeling on one of my videos stream

Cheers!

6 Likes

Perfect, thank you for that.

1 Like

I got a feeling that the genius that work on the Unity is going to make this reality soon. I found the video - forget about the show off - but look/listen at how the wheels and hubs react to the ground structure.

6 Likes

I understand none of coding or how it works but I think itā€™s the answer to this thread.

http://bitluni.net/diy-electric-scooter/

2 Likes

I love this guys attitude :smiley:

2 Likes

@Martinsp - 10 points if you make this work like he did.

1 Like

It has less to do with any antispark. Itā€™s a software and possible hardware thing.

Well yes, itā€™s exactly what he said. Arduino, gyro and calibration. But @Martinsp is the type of person who pursue advancement like this.

1 Like