Enertion Boards All-In-One Carbon Fiber Electric Skateboard Deck

There is a special deck design just for all terrain wheels coming soon.

that board setup certainly does look sweet. might have just topped my list of nicest looking e-boards

does it get super slick? I know with the coating over the carbon fiber it will be smooth, but Iā€™d be worried about grip at higher speedsā€¦ and who would want to put grip tape on a board like that!

have you looked into that clear griptape that arbor uses on their boards? I think evolve also uses it on their bamboo boardsā€¦

if not, maybe cutting out two patches of griptape to put one in the front, and one in the back, right under your feet. kinda giving it the look of the second gen zboard, but instead of weight sensors, itā€™d be grip tape.

Just been speaking with my battery engineersā€¦ might be able to just squeeze in a 10S4P battery inside the enclosure! This makes it 10S at 10AHā€¦ 360Watt hoursā€¦ omgā€¦ with my 10s3p i get about 30kms (probably more) so with 10S4P itā€™s about 40km rangeā€¦ depending on riding style itā€™s about 2hrs.

Sounds like you are prepping to offer a larger space cell soon? Am in the planning/design stage of inlaying a 6.35mm sheet of aluminum into my deck, that will have a flat space recessed into it large enough to securely mount the current space cell. Sounds like this new battery would be the same width to accommodate this new cf deck, but how much longer do you figure it will be? Might just plan around this bad boy instead.

approximately 440mm length.

1 Like

So how will you cram the vescā€™s into the cf deck with the extra length of battery?

It will be very tightā€¦ but should be possible to fit dual vesc

Not sure what grip to use yet. But i like your idea of smaller pads just for the front and back where you feet will be

What about clear stomp pads for snowboarding? Maybe even the foam pads for surf boardsā€¦

Any pics? I am open to ideas

The thing is going to get scratched up eventually no matter what you do to it. Your shoes pick up rocks and dirt, every time you step on it the finish will slowly deteriorate. May as well just grip it and forget about babying the finish.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clear+stomp+pads&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIgLHH8ozGxwIVSowNCh3nlQuo

I donā€™t think you should offer anything more than a standard sheet of grip.

traditionally skaters have always gripped their own decks and customised to whatever they like best. you said it yourself that you want to put it into the hands of the community. give people a deck and a sheet of grip and see what comes back.

YEAH! I do like thisā€¦ might feel a little weirdā€¦ I am so use to normal grip tape.

Some of them may be a little deep but there are a few with perfect depth that probably wont bother your feet. We used to try riding snowboards with no bindings down the mountain on rainy days. So I had a board covered in stomp pads. Super fun!

Itā€™s a nice thought knowing that anyone can easily build this at home!

3 Likes

all good things come to those who wait!

6 Likes

Photo of bottom of CF deck, with sleek aluminium handle attached!

4 Likes