Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

actually those holes are meant to be there, at least in my initial design, Because the deck is sold separately it needs to be multi-truck compatible, not everyone has the same truck hole patterns, so in my first & 2nd batch the extra holes are drilled. but in the 3rd batch there are no extra truck holes. Actually my wife told me to remove them, she said it looks shit…

She’s right :smiley: And why to hell eight holes? Six are enough for both, old- and new school.

she sounds like a keeper :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry if I sound like a whiny bitch. :-0

take the lid off and determine if that is an improvement, then drill the holes.

Soooo…? Do you need another video or more pictures or what man. I feel like you keep ignoring me.

1 Like

Hey Raptor,

Once again sorry for missing these messages. It’s actually very difficult keeping up with new messages on these threads, sometimes I miss em. you can email me directly whenever you want [email protected]

I am curious, how did you test that motor? You said you took it completely off? you tested it using it connect to the vesc right, i hope :wink:

In that video, the reason the motor is twitching is because one of the phase wires has come loose, probably at the 5.5mm connectors at the vesc itself. Enough force will pull them out of the plug (but maybe inside the motor the wires got yanked out too - i honestly don’t know because you have not sent me any pictures!!! hint hint).

Anyway, all this likely happened due to the motor falling off and being dragged across the ground. The spark are probably due to the phase wires touching each other somewhere, maybe now you have a damaged VESC too.

PLEASE LET ME SAY THIS TO ALL RAPTOR CUSTOMERS if you have a problem email me, don’t try to solve major problems with guess work as it might lead to electrocutions, fires, or more damage being done…

ANYWAY… Dude your posts aren’t snarky, you paid good money and got a board that had a loose screw, the screw fell out and damaged your motor, then the motor shorted during some test procedure… none of this is your fault. you will not have to pay a cent to get this problem resolved. but it will take time.

Here are the 3 options for you.

1. I send the parts you fix it
  2. you send the board (without battery) to my US agent they repair it
  3. you send the thing back to Australia i fix it.

last option is probably the slowest.

i am not sure i understand, are you having signal issues? is there something loose moving around inside the board itself? photos are always 1000 times better. hint hint

firstly i didn’t skimp on the thread locker, it simply got missed… this problem was not due to me trying to save a few cents, it’s because I didn’t have the proper checks in place.

NOTE: In that video i don’t actually use any thread locker at all… it’s a demo i didnt want all the parts to be stuck together.

man, please stop kicking me when I already on the ground submitting, your screw fell out and a domino effect occurred… it’s a complete fuck up I know it! I apologise immensely i will fix it.

3 Likes

im sorry i a really slow typer…

YES pictures please… i actually did ask for them after the first post you made about the motor falling out!!!. I also said would resolve it ASAP.

see below. :grin:

1 Like

the idea was to make the deck multi-truck compatible and also allow the rider to increase/decrease wheelbase to tune the handling… the longer wheelbase is more stable at high speed, but less turny…

i thought it was a good idea at the time… :flushed:

Yes and I replied to that post yesterday with no response… Dude, I appreciate that you are a stand up guy trying to do good business, I just believe my board was poorly put together (it could have been your assistant). I do t think this is a domino effect problem other than the motor. Sorry for calling you out on the thread locker. I’ll make another video here shortlly.

photos are probably better for me.

unless you plan to make a really high-quality video with excellent lighting and don’t move the camera around lots…

Where is the U.S. agent? I’ll do that if its convenient to California.

THAT is good customer service.

1 Like

that video was really well done, thanks.

its clear your deck missed out on getting a thorough QC.

the only enertion agents at the moment are in the EAST!

Unless there are any other West based esk8 community folks that want to help me out on this and act as an agent, you will get a repair fee & also get some parts.

basically, I will send a new set of parts to the designated repair agent to replace all the things that got damaged.

1. pulleys.
  2. motor/s
  3. new belts
  4. new VESC, if needed. but lets hope not.

Gotcha, boosted is based out of San fransisco… You guys would make a great partnership.

Okay I’ll send it east if that’s faster and better than sending it to you.

technically they are each others competition. it doesn’t make sense for either of them to partner up

unless if the price is right offcourse :slight_smile: Money always talks

i doubt they want to help me.

They seem like nice people, I would put it past them.

alright so of sending it east is faster I’ll do that, what’s my next course of action? Wait for a packing slip or…?

may i suggest to continue this conversation with onloop via email or private message? he may need to know a thing or two you don’t want to post publicly and i imagine it’s easier to keep track for both of you as others will post in between your conversations. [email protected]