Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

I will say being boardless is quite depressing though (for those of you that sold your previous board for this one). I can sympathize with the frustration. Only having so many months to ride before the weather goes to shit is also frustrating…

I’m prepared to go the whole summer boardless if it comes to that, better than waiting on unannounced, underpowered, unproven boards that could turn out to be shit. As long as it gets here and has been thoroughly tested I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Hey @onloop! Jason, I just ordered my dual motor raptor and am so thrilled. I know it will take time until it will arrive to germany but hey, the job you do is amazing! I am glad to support you and hope you get time to calm and enjoy time with your family. Keep up the work and enjoying it. Things like the wrong or broken products from certain companies is shit I have to deal with almost every day. Your frustration is going to get less for sure! The good days, working at something with your “passion” and also for awesome (happy) customers (that you will have) are what you have to keep in mind. Heads up from Ger and njoy your day!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. It’s understandable if all that stuff that you explained is happening, but I think as long as your customers are kept in the loop of what’s going on they will understand. The issue is the shipping dates just keep getting pushed back without us knowing why. And like @Mr_Mahal stated, I have sold my only board that I used daily to get around for this raptor. So being boardless when the weather is just perfect outside is not fun. I’m sure the wait will be worth it.

P.S. @Mr_Mahal you may want to submit a channel name request to youtube since it won’t be boostedmods anymore, maybe a more generic name. I’d still keep those videos for newbies who are just getting a boosted.

Already ahead of ya, Eboard Mods it is lol. Definitely will keep those videos up. I love boards in general so I’m sure my content will continue to diversify as my wallet heals :slight_smile:

i literally found out about the wheels being stuck in customs yesterday… I knew they were taking a long time. (they should have been here 3 months ago)… so i was patiently waiting… there is nothing i can do… but wait

then custom office calls says they need to extra documents… so i provided them with it…

this is all very common stuff… i have no intention of doing updates with such things like trying to get wheels though customs…

I will probably mention this when the wheels actually arrive… it would probably go in my weekly vlogs… but i haven’t got them & i have yet to film that vlog… becasue it hasn’t happened yet.

i honestly think that i am being extremely transparent, honest & forthcoming with all aspects of this business… most of it goes in my video updates… thats the reason i do them…

I am not going to be posting in the forum every single snippet of delays…

this post alone took 10 mins of my day…

Hey Jason! ( @onloop ) Long time lurker. Just recently put my order in for the Raptor and can’t wait to get my hands on the board! I had wanted to use this account to do a full review of the board but I hate seeing you get bump out and beating yourself up like this. You’re doing really well man. For a 1-man operation i’m impress you’ve actually came as far as you have.

The following is not meant as criticism, take it merely as suggestions to help make Enertion a better and competitive global company. I work as a financier and run a few diff companies so I have some if not similar experience to what you’re doing. Consistently, a lot of companies go through what you’re going through right now; rapid growth. Thats a good thing isn’t it? Who wouldn’t want their company to grow?

But the two biggest challenges with rapid growth is logistic and communication. I won’t comment on logistic because skateboards supplies or implementations is not my forte. And because all companies are unique, theres not much I can say without looking at the whole picture.

Communication is what i want to talk to you about. Communication is key to your company growth (more so than logistic). Not communication as in replying messages to your current customers. Communication as in communicating to your FUTURE customers. You can reach them without communicating with them directly. 2 good examples is Boosted and Inboard. Their fans and customers are extremely loyal to them because their communication are superb. There is no doubt your board is better than theirs, but their ability to have their messages reach all customers including POTENTIAL customers is what makes them stand out from the rest. To be fair, comparing your 1 man company to their million dollar is a bit unfair, but the communication part still stands. Hell, Inboard doesn’t even have any products out yet and their customers are loyal to the core (even though they keep delaying the M1). Their customers are loyal because of their monthly updates. You can check them out and do something similar, just take 30-60 minutes every month to update your current and future customers on current status until your logistic catches up to your demands. It doesn’t have to be long, but details is important. Hire a part time PR manager if you don’t want to deal with all the messages that i’m sure you’re bombarded with on a daily basis. A growing company needs a growing staff. That way, you can focus on doing what you love, building eSk8.

As an aside, an example of a company with fail communication: Marbel. Their lack of updates and replying to their customers are borderline stupid and is a textbook example of how not to treat your customers. They grew too big and too fast. They were not equip to handle such a rapid growth. But you’re not there yet, thank god.

Your company does transaction globally, let the word “global” sink in for a minute. That means you’ll potentially have thousands of new customers tomorrow or next month. And you’re the CEO of THAT company. Start acting like one. I empathize with you on your pregnant wife and kids, but do separate Jason the CEO with Jason the family man. I’ve read your reddit messages, and Youtube blogs (Edit: vlog addressing the logistic issues), they’re not objective enough. Leave the company struggles and comparison aside for a vlog or post. Just answer the question that’s short, simple and straight to the point, no need to tell them why your board is better than boosted or M1.Your customers know that, thats why they’re buying your board. I know you don’t care if a few customers wants a refund, but the potential customer are the ones you’re reaching for. If you’re feeling pressured or stressed, shut the computer down and go out for a walk with your wife and kids ( I do that A LOT). You don’t need to show your stress to your customers because all they care about is their board, you’re a human so figure out a way to compartmentalize everything or else you’ll let your work or hobby seep into your personal life. And remember, you don’t owe ANYONE besides your family to responds to their emails or inquiries right away.

Sorry for the long post man but I personally really want to see you succeed, or else I wouldn’t take an hour of my time to type this reply to you. I feel that Enertion has so much potential ahead of it. You’re like the underdog I want to see succeed. I’m a big fan, so I hope this post helps you out a bit. You have a long road ahead of you and I definitely cannot wait to see where Enertion will go after resolving these challenges. Good luck!

P.S. Can I bribe you with a nice bottle of rums or whiskeys to put my Raptor ahead of other orders?

3 Likes

Hey Nate,

Thanks for the honest review & advice…

Yeah… i have to agree that the separation of personal life, management of a growing business, trying to develop system & processes required to be a legit business, doing promotional activities, trying to keep my customers happy & trying to push the envelope & keep innovating is a battle at the moment… just ask my wife…

one of the reasons i started my VLOG is to better communicate things to my customers, but it would seem as though it’s still not enough to please everyone… people are just hungry for more & more info…

I think… I know, I can do a better job communicating, I just haven’t worked that out exactly yet. Maybe a PR company would help… I honestly have no idea… I am trying to hire an assistant. 91 views not one single application!.. here is the job ad

There are so many platforms and so many people wanting so much varied info it is nearly impossible to keep track of it…

The ultimate solution is to get the stock on the shelf & have it ship out within a matter of hours/days… this way i don’t need to communicate about why there is a delay. it will just be boxed & sent.

It might seem like an easy solution, but i am running this business on cash that i get from doing a sale, so I can only buy stock that i have the cash to buy… & considering the rapid growth i am having troubles actually forecasting the exact amount of stock i will actually need on hand to meet demand…

I think they call it growing pains…

I tell you though its one hella ride! thanks for the support.

“I personally really want to see you succeed, or else I wouldn’t take an hour of my time to type this reply to you. I feel that Enertion has so much potential ahead of it. You’re like the underdog I want to see succeed. I’m a big fan, so I hope this post helps you out a bit. You have a long road ahead of you and I definitely cannot wait to see where Enertion will go after resolving these challenges. Good luck!”

I whole heartedly concur with Nate. Already a Raptor owner and want you to succeed, so we continue to get see this company develeope and produce awesome boards and products in ebaording. Just keep those post going at end of month, and your Vlogs are great. They are improving alot. Build a good team around you so you can delegate day to day stuff. We are behind you 100%. When the new Raptor owners finally get their boards theyll also understand what amazing stuff you havemput together.

1 Like

Spot on. And bribing him to put you ahead won’t work haha, I already tried that.

@onloop, I have no doubt your business will grow rapidly if you have a product with better performance than the main stream brands. I’m very active on multiple places where E skate enthusiasts like to hang out, and many people are just dying for raptor reviews. Once a few of your customers put out positive video reviews, you will get swamped with orders. Be prepared for that, it’s a good thing for your business but if you want your business to keep going uphill you will also have to deliver what’s promised to all the new customers you will gain. Hiring an assistant or someone for customer service is a great idea. Also developing better relationships with Chinese factories or finding reliable factories that deliver shit on time will help majorly.

Keep up the the hardwork, deliver awesome products, keep customers happy… And you will be rich very soon. I’m rooting for you man.

1 Like

I agree that without any doubt he will grow big and things will clarify with ease sometime soon but he wont just succeed over other companies like BB without creating a brand around his product(s). No doubt his boards are the superior ones (thats one motivation why I ordered mine…) The reason why BB, Evolve and maybe others are selling well is besides many other facts because of the stuff behind their board. They create a real product, which has yet to be created when looking at the Raptor under the name/company of enertion. It is important for jason to find out how people see and experience the raptor (under the concept of it being an electric skateboard), to find out how to establish a real product out if it (without doubting it is one yet)… Like anything is a product in/of our individual and therefor different reality… It is yet to be found out how the product “Raptor” fits into the everyday life of an individual. I am thrilled, waiting for mine to arrive and share my experiences with it.

Just thought that I would add my 2 cents as a Raptor owner from the first batch. I had hoped to post a proper review, but I find that I like riding much more than writing. So here is the quick and dirty from my experience.

I want to give Jason major kudos on the overall fit and finish of the board. When I purchased, It was based on the passion I saw on this forum and the hope that he cold deliver something better than I could DIY. I had a number of the first batch ‘issues’. With help from Jason, Jacob, Vedder’s videos and all the other great contributors to the forum I was able to get the Raptor running better than I ever hoped it would. And it was not that difficult to do with the forums help. (So thanks to all of you who unknowingly helped me).

The acceleration is insane. The speed is so crazy I have to dial back the upper limit before I dare let inexperienced riders anywhere near it. The Space cell is idiot proof, which I love after a life of Lipo management in RC. I can tell that I’m hitting an amp limit on very steep hills. It’s very minor, but does exist, and will be a reason to look forward to the space cell pro. Sometimes I miss the flex of a wood deck, but admit that the carbon fiber version makes for an excellent fit and finish with the integration of the battery compartment. The stiffness is also appreciated when riding at speed. Understanding the VESC is worth the effort. You can really fine tune your ride. I’m no expert, I just followed suggestions from the rest of you, and the results are awesome. The other components, trucks, wheels etc all look good and function as expected. They are what I would expect from a finished product, better than I expected for a first release.

I would buy the Raptor again. It surpassed my expectations.

I have never posted a review on anything, but the Raptor is something special.

Enough typing… Time to ride.

6 Likes

Looks like enertion just got wheels, per his Instagram he will be shipping orders soon!

Post your order date and ship date if yours has shipped or when it ships!

1 Like

ordered 27th Feb, got a shipment notification today

4 Likes

AWESOME! https://www.instagram.com/p/BFYchiVgW-N/?taken-by=enertionboards One of these must be yours :smile: :sunny:

1 Like

did you also get a tracking number? I got an shipping notice but no tracking

Yes, but sent from a different mail address, so check your spam folder

Nice, @treeme did yours ship also?

Nope, still no word on mine shipping out.

When did you order? 20

Right - I ordered February 13th. I assume that likely there has been a slight mix-up with order numbers and that’s why someone else has gotten their shipping info first. I’ve had the battery lying around since early march, so it could be the tracking number for these people is for the battery and not the skateboard