Enertion VESC delay?

they currently have enough fets to make just 82 vesc, As of today I have told them they need to squeeze this into the production schedule because my customers are completely losing their fucking minds over this product.

the problem is normally factories have their production facility booked in advanced, they plan to make batches of parts in advance too… shit is tightly controlled.

they allocate resources to produce X amount on X date.

trying to fuck with a factories schedule does not make me a popular person!.. in fact stopping their production to make 82 of something is likely to delay all their other customers who are all probably waiting for stuff too. i assure you they are not happy about this.

the plan was always to make this run in 2 batches of 500… but we have never got enough fets to start.

the due date for fets is late may. plus sometime is needed to actually assemble the vesc…

all the people wanting refunds, please be patient, you are adding several hours of paperwork to my daily list of jobs… so thanks, i fucking hate paperwork…

this is extracted from my T&C’s page… Product Returns & Credits can take up to 30 days to be processed.

@onloop I understand that you have to do extra paperwork. Sorry. I don’t mean to bu pushy but we still do need the refund.

Again Sorry.

no problems ill get it done…

Thank You

20 characters

Looks like ill have to deal with my el cheapo HobbyKing ESC until early June :frowning:

Oh well

He still has to get samples, test the product, then add all the other components necessary on 2000 units which will not be a short process. So MY guess is late july or early august…

already got samples, already tested! everything is good!

ALSO, good news from yesterday is mouser ‘found’ some fetts & delivered them to my factory… now we have enough to build 475 VESC…

looks like the schedule just got much better for us…

this is nearly enough to cover all orders and could be shipping within 30 days.

5 Likes

Just some questions from a first time Enertion consumer:

What are the wire connectors on the battery side and motor side? Will your vescs have pre-installed firmware? Will the vescs even have wires on them or are we buying a pcb?

battery is Xt60 vesc will have 3x 2inch 12AWG wires for motors. no connectors provided (our motors come with them) firmware installed

Thanks for the quick response, hope my vesc ships by mid-June? or is that too optimistic?

hello from french country

@onloop

I guess you also have lots of emails to read

I sent two emails about my order # 2437 but no response I would like to know if it is possible to transform my order in credit to buy two engines r-spec 6372

if it’s possible do it please I prefer to spend more money than waiting for a refund if that is not possible I will wait refund

best regard

please email [email protected]

1 Like

Production schedule update.

these are shipping dates from my factory to AUS 5/20 = 100pcs 5/27 = 100pcs 6/3 = 100pcs

they need to ship them to Australia & we need to install the wires, capacitors & do firmware loading…

then we need to ship them back to US for distribution…

this is a huge waste of money & resources! & extremely bad for the environment!

but it will speed things up by about 2 or 3 weeks… so all the people who are urgently needing their vesc will have it sooner than expected…

oldest orders get filled first!

4 Likes

Great news! I dont mean to be too pushy but how can we know if our order will be amongst the batch of 300 that are going to be shipped soon? My order number is about nr. 21xx i think

Oh god I wished I didn’t check this page… Estimate more then 3 weeks?! Almost all my passion and hope seem drowning in the deep hopeless awaiting and anticipation. And this is only for the Vesc, I’ve also got pro4 to wait :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

Just let me kick my normal longboard and keep waiting like a kid who think his dad is going to buy goods for him but which won’t happen. I guess sometimes NO anticipation let you get NO hurt.:scream_cat:

@onloop Can you make them plug and play for space cell and dual carvons?

1 Like

I wonder if the 5 i ordered in February are among the oldest ones. Not that it really matters, there’s only a week difference here.

1 Like

I mean the connectors, I would rather just get them from you instead of run around to hobby shops looking for bullet connectors…

1 Like

so i ordered my vesc in march with a shipping date of april. then that got delayed again to the beginning of may which is now. still no shipping or update. should i keep waiting or what do you guys think? is enertion reliable? i´m mean they got my money for about two months now and i still got nothing

They are reliable but right now they are having trouble sourcing all the mosfets they need to make all the vesc that have been ordered