eSk8 Confessional

So- what dumb shit do you guys do? Gimme the dirt.

Things you know you shouldn’t do but you’re a lazyass and/or need to skate more than you need to fix your problems?

I’ll kick it off:

Bless me Skatan for I have sinned. It has been 2 years since my last confession.

My board has not been turned off for 6 months now.

I burnt out an integrated (eww) antispark on one of my FSESC6.6s and just said: 'eeeh screw it, it’s fiiiiine, I’ll get to that later" back in October and well, I am incredibly lazy with my own boards and thus have just left both ESCs on since. I’ll fix it, eventually. Maybe.

33 Likes

Listening to this is one of my problems. Hahaha.

One of mine is, is that I have never used loctite ever until my most recent build.

18 Likes

I’m still judging you for this.

Also my 10S6P took a bath at one point and could best be described as ‘a bit soggy’.

It’s fiiiiiiine.

14 Likes

I would almost always rather use coarse thread sheet metal screws than inserts and machine screws. They don’t look as good but I can mount up and ride in minutes instead of being all careful and shit installing inserts. This makes @Sender cry regularly :slight_smile:.

24 Likes

Is this an anti @b264 thread? :joy:

22 Likes

No but I imagine he will have a mild brain aneurysm when he finally gets here.

19 Likes

i store all my batteries improperly, im talking about 100 cells stacked up again a wall or a bag :scream:

ill post some other pics showing me as a lazy ass kid

12 Likes

I’m going to continue the beetlejuicing of @b264. I think he going to have some fun here.

10 Likes

I store all batteries at 100% charge. (if they’re in a board, that is)

Because if the board isn’t ready to ride, it’s not doing its job and is useless to me…

28 Likes

ah, not a fan of this thread because I do so much wrong shit.

8 Likes

Hush my child, we’re all sinners in Skatan’s eyes.

tenor

10 Likes

IMG_20190405_151727 IMG_20190405_151735 IMG_20190405_151753

Dont mind me just casually storing batteries and having my focboxes near windows

and my hummie deck scratching aganist another deck

12 Likes

Kinda run stop signs here and there, don’t worry, it’s on a empty gated road next to my place

10 Likes

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

My build has been sitting in a corner for over a month since I’m waiting on a friend to make 2 parts. I’ve been riding a China board since and it’s not nearly as refined.

I put a ton of holes in a nice deck for old enclosures.

I rode my china board home in heavy rain on psychedelics after a rave with duct tape waterproofing. Completely submerged in puddles at some points but it still works. Cuts out sometimes; no idea why so now it sits in the trunk of my car in case fires happen.

15 Likes

It’s still empty from the fire dept. evacuation, or?..

6 Likes

I’m still living in a :hotel:

3 Likes

Will be back home in a week! Renovation people are delaying, should have been home 2 weeks ago but the insurance company is being a complete bi+ch

8 Likes

I ran a very questionable VESC until I ordered a new one recently, after installing the new one I ended up shorting the old one trying to connect to batteries for testing while the back of the VESC (exposed) was leaning against the motor :man_facepalming: I guess at least it’s completely dead now and I won’t use it again (will still try to recover it at some point but right now it’s here for “parts”)

Google Photos

I really need to shorten all my phase wires by about an inch they’re sticking out all gnarly, also need to extend my little series connector it’s being yanked to it’s end

Google Photos

In the past have used 3d printed boxes for holding lipos on the bottom of my board without the lipos attached to the board itself (hanging) I tried probably 5 variations of that with them all failing at some point before I decided to just go with backpack straps holding them on so far so good but we’ll see over the long term how they hold up.

Also used my own home-made remote which was pretty dangerous for about the first year but praise sk8tan I survived the bug fixes :metal:

4 Likes

image image

I drilled through this. All the way. 8 holes. And covered the entire natural top with black grip tape. I’m sure @treenutter and @Sender cried a little for my sins.

22 Likes

wtf are you trying to kill some with with those wheel spikes?

16 Likes