eSkate Lights thread

@RunPlayBack that’s a good idea, can we see a pic of it attached to your remote?

:grin: Ask and you shall receive. I got the idea from the torch light on the E-GO controller which is novel but not very practical because you have to hold the slider up while controlling speed. This mod you can keep the light on and control brightness if you get into some dark areas. It’s saved me from hitting major potholes and wiping out. Also acts as a wand to let approaching vehicles at an intersection know you’re there.

19 Likes

@RunPlayBack Sweet! Thanks for sharing this!

sweet. although I hold my control in my back hand. it wouldn’t work too well for me.

1 Like

Here are my headlights. 3D printed battery enclosure with a 1000mah 3s lipo.

7 Likes

I have one of the lights that @torqueboards and @RunPlayBack mentioned. That was the easiest upgrade I’ve ever done! This thing is insanely bright, and at the highest setting it will still outlast my 5000mah packs! Can’t go wrong for $9! Now I want another for symmetry!

8 Likes

Nice! Cool lights right? Before my build I was experimenting with various LED strips and regulators to tap into the battery but none of it really compared to the design and adaptability of these things. Plus COB LED’s are just way more energy efficient. One of the best ebay finds thanks to @torqueboards

2 Likes

Knogg blinder 1’s. Not a complete colour match with the Enertion blue.

Only just enough to pick up anything just in front to dodge, but more so others can see you coming.

Rechargeable and various light settings.

6 Likes

@torqueboards I used the included mount and some silicone tape on my Paris trucks, and through several rides these lights are performing great.

This thread is right up my ally way. All boards that I’m building with have lights build into the deck. Hopefully, I’d like to build thinner boards with thinner lights in the future, but for now, these bad boy off road lights provide quite a bit of lighting.

4 Likes

Finally got my headlight mk2 delivered. fitted it, and cup holder?

13 Likes

Whoah @lowGuido is that all battery in that can? Can you keep a spare tire in it too?

1 Like

Nah man that can is all Drank! its thirsty work looking this damn good!

6 Likes

@lowGuido haha! Good to see you’re keeping hydrated!

1 Like

I just got my complete light kit in and looks like it will work awesome

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C1BZT3E/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Led headlights and FUNCTIONAL brake lights plug and play with enertion controller. No wiring, no worrying about charging your lights separate. And real brake lights are just trick

those brake lights work if your esc has the right connectors. I’m using those headlights/taillights in my boards, and they work great. But to get the brake lights working as brake lights and not just tail lights, you need special light ports on your esc, which most esc’s do not have.

not necessarily true. you can buy light kits that will work with any ESC, not requiring “special light ports” they just pick up the signal from the PWM line on the receiver. see the connections in this picture: it just plugs right in.

4 Likes

We’ll anyone who has an enertion controller /vesc combo is totally plug and play. At the price it’s hard to beat

2 Likes

I’m not saying it needs a special port to work. I use it with the gt2b and enertion controller.

But you get a solid red and white lights.

You do not get working brake lights without the special ports. They are just solid red lights. They don’t react to the throttle.

again I will say if you buy the RC car light kit you will get working brake lights and even turning indicators! although you will need a GT2B style for the turn signals to work.

and that’s where I will leave it.

1 Like