[EU] Caliber mount Update: Shipping out all pre-orders :)

Yes there is, cause that would only adjust belt tension, while an idler pulley allows for more teeth in mesh and at the same time you can then release on belt tension… Less belt skipping while accelerating or braking and less strain on motor bearings.

1 Like

This!

5 Likes

There you go! :wink:

1 Like

Okay that is really beautifull! Is it your design? What is the belt length?

Thx, yeah it’s mine :slight_smile: Not sure about the belt length but I will fit it a standard length such that I have some wiggle room on the idler. W/o the idler the belt was already 295 mm long (lets see)

1 Like

You share the files? :wink: Or you want met to laser the mount? :smiley:

Not ready yet, needs a bit more optimization. Just wanted to give you some inspiration.

2 Likes

What do you use to design? Solidworks?

@anon42702729 and I both use autodesk inventor it’s pretty nifty

2 Likes

Yes it’s better than solidworks … But we use it in school, you got a cracked inventor right? :wink:

i’m a student :yum:

You learn inventor at school at the age of 12?

i taught myself inventor when i was 11

1 Like

You can get free inventor license if you just say: “Hey, I’m a student” ? :open_mouth:

gotta prove it :wink:

1 Like

Hmm nice! Thanks I will try to get it then hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are a student you can download the entire thing for free as well other programs like Simulation mechanical. I use it mainly because it’s free and my CATIA version was pretty old but I love it!

4 Likes

good old catia days… i think i forgot how that program even works :smiley:

1 Like

We had inventor back in the junior high and high school years of 99-03

2 Likes

That must have been really bad back in the days :slight_smile: I had a go on Pro/E Wildfire at Uni and the damn program always crashed randomly, particularly during exams!

2 Likes