[EU] Caliber mount Update: Shipping out all pre-orders :)

Short answer is no. However, in practice you’re attatching a rotating magnetic field onto a ferromagnetic material. Its bound to be some disturbance inbetween the two. All depends on how close they are and the corresponding direction of each field. My very first built i machined a similiar mount out of steel. Just seeing it stick to the barrel of the motor when put close made me Think tho

1 Like

I can test them out for you if you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you mean? :wink:

I’m not ready yet… This is a little preview. Unbenannt

2 Likes

Nice, I updated mine aswell, will post it this evening

1 Like

Updated mount, still need to add the idler pulley. If you want to pre-order, do it here.

Btw wich idler pulleys do you guys use? The smallest I found is this one. Wich is till quite big :confused:

Thanks for all the previous feedback :slight_smile:

we use bearings…

don’t release a product if you know nothing about it

Bearing is still quite big…

your product is designed wrong…

How? You can use a smaller bearing if you wish

1 Like

also what’s the point of having the caliber profile cut into the arm? it won’t allow it to rotate or adjust at all

Well that’s a good point!

1 Like

There you go, it was a long day haha

You could search the forum for @Deckoz idler who uses smaller sized bearings, or @chaka who has a neat solution for his idler. I guess they’re in the idler pulley thread…

2 Likes

Did some last updates:

• No idler pulley but sleds for the bolts
  • Motorplate bigger to protect Ø63mm motors
  • Holes for maytech motors with Ø30 & Ø44 bolt paterns
  • Adjustable angle

Still taking pre-orders here.

com-video-to-gif Extra material to protect motors:

I will send them to the lasercutting company soon so if there are some suggestions, pls let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks much better for me now! I would reduce the the outer diameter of the mount at the clamp, since you don’t need protection there. yellow sign:

1 Like

Yes, the reason I do this is to protect the wheel pulley and belt. It’s better that a rock hits the metal than your pulley imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since you don’t have separate holes for idler pulleys in this design, placing the outer holes for the motor so that they’d be running parallel with the mount (x instead of +) would allow for using one or two of those bolts to add an idler onto (that was a messy explanation, but just check deckoz’s mount and you’ll see what I mean).

2 Likes

yeah, why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mhh I see what you mean, but since you can move the motor there is no need for idler pulleys right?