Evolve GT | Customization's, Tweaks & Mods

Mine is still going after 12 months. It did break though. The micro USB port developed a break in the solder and charging became intermittent. I had to hand solder it back together, which is a challenge because the legs/ pads are very fine and very close together. Not sure if the break developed from a drop (I dropped it once, never crashed) or just from normal charging placing stress on the join.

Hello, can anyone help me with information about vesc for my gtx?. my board its 2 weeks old and threw me off already bc of connection issues.its very unpredictible, it would loose connection outdoors very often now hence i cannot use it anymore its way too dangerous. please if anybody know about torqueboards vesc and remote\receiver combo would work with the factory bms and what else would i need besides changing the motors wires from mt-30 to bullet connections. all help is greatly appreciated as i need to trust this board again asap ( cuts my commute to work from 1h30m to about 25-30 mins. yea traffic in the mornings )

1 Like

Guys I learned something today

When Evolve said they use those garbage cells because of safety, they were actually correct.

I was riding my 10s4p swapped BGT today and rode it for like 5.5 miles at full throttle in GT mode. Then it suddenly cut out and threw me off when I tried to accelerate from around 12mph.

Pretty sure it overheated. And this is where the safety aspect comes in. With the voltage sag in a standard battery I could have never ever ridden as fast for as long, so it wouldn’t have overheated.

Safety!

1 Like

Good joke :grinning:

4 Likes

I have one that’s 3d printed, nice and protective, but no trigger guard, no reason it shouldn’t be easy to add one. However I don’t have a 3d printer (yet) didn’t design this, just bought it, and have no idea where. E3DP? :man_shrugging: