Evolve GT | Wheels Sizes & Pulley Setups

Thanks all. They are out of 97mm 75a but have 97mm 78a, thoughts?

Evolve USA do sell them

Thanks again all. To change the wheels they want a lot more than I’m willing to pay right now. If i buy the wheels elsewhere, will the drive system just work? In other words I’d I’ve already got 83mm wheels can i buy only the 97mm wheels from wherever and i dont need anything else?

Evolve doesn’t make the wheels, just the wheel pulleys that insert into them. All of this is more clear when you get your deck! You can buy the wheels anywhere, just need to make sure they are the right ones. If 97mm then either ABEC genuine or clones. Easier to know what durometer you are getting with genuine abecs as will be specified. Clones not so much, but 1/4 the price. If clones then need to get the ones with thin spokes as the thick spoke versions are harder to fit the evolve wheel pulley inserts into. My experience at least has been on ebay where one seller lucky930 sold me thin spoke version and a2zezshop sold the thick version which did not fit well without modification.

The pulley that goes on the evolve 83mm is also used with the 97mm Abecs. There is another optional pulley with different number of teeth which will give you more torque but less top speed.

Has anyone been able to put modified 107mm flywheels on a GT?

I couldn’t help myself I bought the 97 millimetre 75a wheels I can see this hobbie is going to get expensive given that I haven’t even received my board yet…

These look nice http://m.pinkbike.com/news/G-Form-Knee-Pads-Tested-2011.html

1 Like

Good call on the wheels. On pads, gform or triple8 expskins are what I use.

1 Like

Happy to grab them off you if your still have them? In in Sydney.

Hi Rob, which evolve did you contact? Is it Aus or US?

I’ve lurked for the 97mm 75A flywheels everywhere, I mean everywhere and the only place I found them was in Evolve, they seem to have bought all the remaining stock from Abec 11. The price is usually 90 but they sell them at 110 plus 13 for shipping.

Better buy them now before they run out of stock as well

Evolve is the only shop worldwide with ABEC 11 97mm 75A and they know it, they won’t be interested in selling below their price which is alreay high.

1 Like

Maybe try stokedlongboard, they seem to have 75a’s in stock. Although they are in the United Kingdom. Price seems the same, but maybe you will buy these just out of spite of Evolve :rage:

Although I haven’t done any form of rigorous testing, empirically, I noticed that I have to charge my board more often. So for sure I’m getting less range with the 97’s. How much less? I can’t say. I’ll have to start logging range data for that.

New to forum. Very help[full! About to order my first Evolve Carbon GT. Previous Boosted owner. Debating wheel sizes. Looks like most prefer 97m but Evolve also mentions having a 90 option. Don’t need to go much over 20-22 mph and wondering if that might be a happy compromise. My area is very hilly (about 10-15 deg max). Also very few mention the 38T option. For those who have, what do you now prefer?

How DURABLE are the Evolve Abec Wheel Pulleys??

and are they 15mm wide?

Hey I have just put on my ATs and I have to say I have been surprised how much friction there is now compared to the 83mm. The engines make a lot of noise and it rolls down hill pretty slowly now so I end up using the motors downhill to get a good speed on gentle slopes. I’m not sure if I have installed them correctly. I have tried loosening and tightening the belts and only makes a small difference. I’ve inflated the tyres to the spec. I’m not sure what else to do?

I love the 90mm, best wheel for all riding styles in my taste