Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Hey at least now you can get the Raptor AND save up for a GT haha. In the mean time I’m probably going the DIY route.

I already had the money for a GT… But yeah at this point I might as well build my own with all of that time…fuck you Evolve!!! **Edit: only if I can’t buy from another DC…

I still don’t believe it…I think you can still buy from Aussy but with additional costs. Only thing would be issues with the warranty.

I can’t say anything I have right now will “beat” the raptor. I can pretty much match it with hummies motors in most aspects (raptor will still beat me on torque) but I can crush the top speed of the raptor with my carvons. I haven’t been faster than 35 mph (raptor max is about 27 mph), but in theory, I should be able to reach 66 mph on a full charge.

My point exactly. Because of that, you can’t trust any range number as accurate. Instead, comparing watt hours and the efficiency of the electrical system will tell you more about range then what any company advertises. But since they won’t release any specs, there’s no way of telling. Based on the size and thickness of the board, I would be surprised if I could get 10 miles from that board on my normal route. With a board that thin, you can only fit so many cells inside. The boards that have good range have huge brick batteries, which is why they are so long.

I get that, but my point was I could build a board from parts which have warranties (like chakas vescs and carvons hub motors) for far less still.

ok… I’ll be waiting… yawn I think its going to be while… By then, this board won’t have what everyone else already has.

My whole point is, you’ve been a fan boy from the beginning, eating up every little detail, and getting so hyped, and trying to hype up everyone in this thread, over what I will argue is obsolete technology by the time it comes to market. It’s not really that big of a deal. Name 3 features you think make this board better than anything else on the market and I guarantee you I can show you they are not the first to do any of them. There’s nothing special or new about this board, it just looks like a solid board.

I rest my case.

Know the area well… I use to work at WTC 2 …

So just as I thought … Maybe it’s the renegade guidos from Staten Island riding like a bat out of hell to have a drink at Morans (no sure if that’s there anymore)

Give my regards to NYC for me

Ha! Good to meet another NYer on this forum. Moran’s close down for good last year, dude sold it for a good 35 mil. New owner tore it down and plan on building a residential building or something from last I heard. Telling ya man, I’d move to the west coast in a heart beat if I can transfer all my assets over there. NY is becoming more and more of a nanny city. And it gives me more of an excuse to ride the Raptor…when it gets here. :expressionless:

ETA @Michaelinvegas

Cool, I have no interest in going past 30mph without some type of body armor or leathers…torque would be more important to me since I have a shit ton of hills.

True, well they are supposed to release full specs on the 25th… I’m not well versed with the battery tech and don’t know how they’d make it work so I could only guess. At the end of the day I guess we never really know how anything will perform until we take it out for a spin ourselves.

I know about those warranties, I was more specifically referring to just being able to send your board in and getting it fixed as a whole – I know thats kind of a taboo thought for DIY but some people may just not be comfortable with messing with the electronics, I would expect most people could deal with basic esk8 stuff like belts themselves.

Who is everyone else? The DIY community? Well no shit…

What other non-DIY board is coming to market that is going to wipe the floor with the GT specs (if they are legit) by the time it hits the market? It is not about “features” for me. Simply put, the range they are advertising is highly appealing coming from 3.5-4.5 miles on a charge. I wouldn’t care if I only got 10-15 miles (though I highly doubt it’d be that low). It’d still be better than what I had. This board isn’t doing anything new in the esk8 world as a whole, but it is something that (if legit) will be far better than anything commerically available right now, and in the near future (unless another esk8 comes out of the blue). DIY builds by nature will always be ahead of the off-the-shelf boards – just like PC games vs console. However if the board is real it will be all I need.

lol

1 Like

I think @mr_mahal is just a little excited about the gt, it looks really neat. He and I both lack the knowledge and time to build our own board so that’s why the unknown part about gt is so mesmerizing to us. He’s just more vocal about it.

With that said, I had planned on getting a gt myself when I assumed they’d release it the end of this month in the US. But now that the email by @jinra states that they’ll release it in the fall, that deal is off the table. I’m not waiting to be beardless this summer.

@evoheyax I noticed that you said your board can theoretically reach 66mph, would you be interested in doing some commission work? I NEED a board badly this summer and I’m thinking about commissioning someone to build a DIY board for me.

I feel personally that the raptor will be better than this board on every aspect, except battery life. But you can always swap raptor batteries out if you need more range, it’s just a hassle and more money. Though I can’t speak to some degree, I’ve never tried either. But I do look at a lot of numbers, and while numbers don’t say everything, certain numbers like battery numbers can tell you a lot.

We use to call Morans MORONS…named after some of my Wall Street chuckle heads that would get shit faced before they went home to the wife and kids lol

Edit: ok I was one of them once or thrice

We could talk about it. It partly depends on where you live. Shipping batteries right now is extremely hard, unless your the manufacture, and even then…

I am investing quite some time and money this summer into pressing hollow core decks, very similar to ollin’s board, but with concave and maybe even a drop down deck.

Either way, boards take time to build. Best bet if your on a time crunch would be to sell you a board with used parts, as the process of buying parts can take a month. I could cnc mill an enclosure if you have a specific deck in mind. and go from there. Send me a PM.

1 Like

@evoheyax good thing I plan on ordering both to make a comparison :slight_smile: Swappable batts will definitely be of good use to me but not having to swap at all would be pretty cool as well. Hopefully the specs they release will tell you whether or not its legit…

@Nate all the new boards I had seen prior to discovering the Raptor and this board were pretty boring and not very attractive in terms of offering what I really wanted…when I saw this it seemed too good to be true. Couple that with having no eboard (just sold my first 2 weeks ago) and I get a bit obsessive about getting another :slight_smile:

Oh gees tell me abt it … I wish they had these things back in the day…would’ve been more relaxing huff to work than the train … Always equated Rector Station with a rectum…Subway just crapped you out downtown…Lol…

[quote=“Michaelinvegas, post:439, topic:2510”] Always equated Rector Station with a rectum [/quote]

I’m stealing this line HAHA

You luck out man! NY MTA has gotten worst, Cuomo keeps raiding the MTA funds and fu*king it up for everyone. I dread going to meetings this summer without any board. Send me a message if you’re ever popping up in town dude, we’ll grab a few bottles over by South St.

1 Like

Ya i’d definitely be down for that. I’m looking for an all weather hub motor board or at least 95% water resistant so that I can ride a short distance in the rain. I’m waiting for @carl.1 response on Raptors eta to decide whether to get another board now. I’lll either shoot you a pm or just create a new thread to see who can create the best blueprint or idea for the best all weather board after I get an answer from Enertion.

And thats why we need to control our urges, no matter how much we have a need…for speed. :smirk: I know how you feel though, lets just chuck this up to bad timing.

ahhh… I think we would all love an all weather water proof hub motor. But as far as I know, that hasn’t been done. The issue is heat. You would want to seal up the hub from water, but you need vents for air flow or it will overheat super quick, especially being a hub motor. Technically, they are almost all water resistant. Motors generally don’t care much about water. I’ve ridden my enertion r-spec motor in light rain many times, it eats it up and spits it right back out. Now there could be a build up of rust over time, and most importantly, the bearings will break due to rust first and formost. You would need a hub motor with ceramic bearings to solve that problem, then you would likely not have any issues. But you would also have to seal off any pcbs, like the speed controller and the receiver. The issue with that, is the speed controller needs some amount of air flow. Or it will over heat quickly. So there’s a lot of problems to be solved with water proofing electric skateboards.

1 Like

This is shit !! I told u next year

You can’t remember their agreement

Huh, interesting. I thought the technology was already out there. Not that I don’t find the idea of hiring a bunch of engineers to r&d a new rotor entertaining, I need this board asap. Did you ever run into any problems with the belts when you were riding your board in light rain?