Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

belts don’t care as far as I know. But I always had issues with belts breaking too quickly.

The reality is, the technology is there to make a water resistant board. Motors generally don’t care about water in the short run. But you won’t get year after year of use if you drown your motor in water frequently.

This is what happen Went you found out they will be shipping late this fall!!!

Out of curiosity, what belts have you been using?

This is one thing i’ve been looking in to as well and seems Evolve use Gates belts?

Evolve have been using sensored motors for years. From reviews it seems this helps greatly with slow speed riding, taking off from standing etc. Interested to get a ride and feel it.

As for figures, it’s like fuel consumption figures when you’re buying a vehicle. Some people will get them, and some won’t. The variables can attribute to this greatly - rider weight, hills wind, wheels, riding surface whatever. Speaking with some people from the owners page, it seems people get pretty decent range out of the current models. I’m interested to see what Boosted eventually bring out, but as someone said, they’d have a lot of catching up to do. I believe Enertion said he was building something new? But still waiting on VESC’s for his current stuff. He doesn’t seem to be on he anymore except for support.

Every board has pro’s and con’s as @Mr_Mahal mentioned above. It’s picking what best suits. For me, the GT as a package is looking pretty good.

So much for all the hype…and raptors have a long wait time as well…what to do, DYI perhaps

1 Like

I used to use enertion’s belts. Now its hubs all the way, less maintenance, cleaner look, and easier to setup.

about onloop, he left his own forum because he made a bunch of claims about how much better his stuff is then everyone else (its good stuff, there’s no denying it), and everyone kept giving him shit and fighting with him (including me). If your going to make those kinds of claims, you need hard science to back you up, an he doesn’t have it.

Sensored motors are great motors at low speed, but does nothing for mid to high speed. For this reason, most don’t care about them. You can get the same results with a good kick push, and is also better for a belt and pulley system to do that.

With the VESC in FOC, you can get similar results without a sensor.

The big thing this GT board lacks in my opinion is stealth. Big motors, belt and pulley, and no FOC. When you look at the math, FOC is far better than BLDC, which all main brands are using.

Fuck…well lets hope they are all wrong…like I said before it would be really dumb for them to miss the window and no one wants to ride their board in the fucking winter lol I truly think there are details being missed…why would they short the USA branch…of all branches where they could sell them like hot cakes… I guess @lowGuido and other boarders in Aussy will be blessed with this release :slight_smile:

On the plus side, I’m glad I never cancelled my Raptor order so I’ll probably have it before I even have the Evolve!!! Lol that would really be something… Early fall would be nice.

@Rob.Endless I think if you go DIY you should definitely just get parts from someone on here…trying to assemble a board now could take months, not to mention that everything is probably back-ordered or out of stock. Really bad timing all around.

If they do break my heart on the 25th I may break down and buy a used BB…maybe keep it so I can do an ultimate comparison video with the Raptor, GT, and D+, assuming BB doesn’t release anything (because I don’t think they actually will).

Interesting about the belts. I would expect Gates belts to be pretty decent as they’re probably the most used manufacturer for automotive belts.

My issue with hub motors is with being stuck with that wheel. I like the idea of being able swap wheels out and even chuck on offroad set-ups.

In honesty, I like the exposed motors of Evolve, Enertion and BB. just my opinion.

1 Like

Hey @Ermac-514 @Jinra, even though that rep is from the USA, any chance he could referring to late fall in Australia, their late fall (March-May) is the USA’s late spring. So maybe he could be referring to that by mistake? Just curious…

Sigh no straight answers from the rep on fb lol

Guy come back to this forum the

Honestly, you can put other wheels on them, you’d have to pour them from a mix, but the process is as simple as making jello. Or get rims cnc milled for you (Might not be a cheap option, but it’s possible). You imagination is your limit.

Hubs are the lazy man (or beginner diy) option in my opinion. No need to assemble anything mechanically, which leaves just the electrical system. I’ve been thinking of selling kits for exactly this. It’s like, the electric legos of e-boarding. I know the hurdles that are there. Tools are one, skills are another. Soldering is hard when you know little about it. It took me years to learn to solder well. Removing hurdles for beginners.

Belts are the weak link in all e boards in my opinion. Hubs are the future.

I don’t understand why more people don’t use a chain instead of belt.

Pros: thinner more durable lasts longer no snapped belts cheaper (the parts I’m using at least) don’t slip like belts may do looks meaner

Con: a bit louder

and, if there gets a rock between it and the pulley, you have to cange your complete drivetrain. on a Belt setup, the cheapest part is the weak spot.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Riding & Instructional Videos

That is freaking awesome!

What’s your take on the situation so far?

I’ve driven many miles on my chain drive mountain board on a gravel track (and other surfaces) and I’ve never had that happen, whereas my belt driven board with the same amount of miles on it will probably need a new pulley and belt soon.

This is playing with my sanity…I think I need to take a break…

I think I take that back lol…

Lol ur hilarious

20 funny words