Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

The absolute funniest part of your statement is that you state Evolve offers no facts to back up their claims, yet this thread is littered with posts of the information they have made public, proven from their testing.

They offer flat ground ideal testing, because this is the only way to come near a consistent repeatable number. If your area has two hills, and my area has one, then i will get better results than you on any board. Very simple. This is not Evolve being sketchy, its Evolve showing exactly how they achieved this number, and how you could too.

Hills, weight, setup, riding style, how many pink mojitos you drink, are all variables that affect this number. To cater for every possibility is ludicrously difficult and to be honest - not enough return on the time invested to do.

The GT customers will prove the numbers. You can either be part of it, or be left to turn back early when your battery is flat.

If you want the numbers for your style of riding, test it yourself.

So far Evolve is the only one who has come to the table and been very public about its performance. They also offer it in a $2k product that works straight out of the box. No assembly required.

2 Likes

For the longest time Boosted had only marketed their boards based off of the Eco mode. The reason why this is bad is because they sell the same exact board in 3 different versions. They constantly claim the board gets 6 to 7 miles when referencing its range when that is only really true for their boards in eco mode or on flats. The d+ sees none of that range (in pro mode, the only reason you would get a d+) and gets at the very most 5.5. Realistically for me it got about 4.5. I live in a hilly area so I only use pro mode, I figured I would get less range but it frustrated me for a long time that they wouldn’t just say what the real pro mode battery life was like. With BBv2 they finally disclosed it, so B+ for them.

It’s not that you have to cater to every possibility, but there’s two really main factors that will affect top speed and range, and those are rider weight and hills. Wind can’t be tested for, it’s unpredictable and changes dirrections too frequently in the real world, and in most places, is not an issue. My point is they don’t even post a margin of error, because they don’t bother testing to know. Eliminating these large variables would reduce the margin of error in their numbers, and give more transparency.

There’s too much conversation in here to see every bit of information in this thread. This threads purpose was speculation and discussion, not to be informative about the board. And while yes, their are bits of information found here not on evolves website, It’s near impossible to find it all due to the number of posts.

I have yet to see any video showing range testing. You can engineer a range test to be really good (i.e ride down hills and flat only, never up hills, calculate the exact most efficient speed and ride at that, ect.), that has been my whole point all along. And I’ve yet to see a good any company produce good information that can be used for comparing the pre-made boards out there.

They have many different configurations of gears and wheels. They show one going up a steep hill (barely) and another doing acceleration, and another speed. And All three videos I saw of those where a different configuration. It’s hard to get torque and top speed. gearing and wheel size will affect both of these numbers. So it’s possible to make this a torque machine, it’s possible to go a fair speed, nothing doing both in the same config, and even then, that’s one config. Not all configs will climb steep hills, not all configs will get the same speed. Picking different configs that highlight good torque and decent top speeds are separately is cool, but misleading IMO.

This is a science and math heavy field, yet, I see little science or math being presented…

I don’t know what your talking about. Onloop created this site, his name is Jason, and he owns and runs enertion…

And I’ll talk shit about them all day too (and I do). Everyone wants to create the image that they are the best, without comparing themselves to other competitors. Only company again who’s done that is enertion, and it needs to be done with more boards also. It seems to me that evolve are preying for sheer ignorance and impulsive buyers. (no offense meant, just my honest opinion)

It is hard to do, but someone needs to pave the way. Evolve did some good things with this board, and if their numbers hold up, they are paving the way. I just haven’t seen the irrefutable proof.

If you haven’t build multiple boards with different components and configurations or have an electrical engineering degree, then you don’t know the full science and math behind electric skateboards in particular.

Range on esk8s is like milage and consumption stats on cars. You never get the advertised consumption because this is the optimum that can be achieved under controlled and ideal internal and external factors.

Anyway, real life examples will soon be there and i believe they will be close to what has been advertised. There is no point arguing for or against at this stage. What is though undisputed is that the gt is by far the best spec’ed from all the rest of the mainstream brands.

If you looked at my post you would see I posted a picture highlighting the disclaimer you claimed was not there. Here we are again:

Proof that there is disclosure of this (at least for the US EVOLVE distributor website):

Dude, it’s as simple as this – if you don’t like the board and it does not perform as expected you can return it within 7 days while paying some fees of course, but still getting most of your money back. If they fudged their numbers soooo much to the point where they were being very deceptive of what the real range was under ideal conditions they would see a lot of returns. Which I’m sure they don’t want for the longevity of the boards. Except, there are beta testers out there that are doing tests themselves for others to see (specifically on FB), AND letting people who can make their way to them test the board out themselves to see if it meets their claims. I understand you won’t rest until you see a video with gamin-like data displayed for 1-2+ hours straight though, so I guess you will have to wait while everyone else is busy riding.

True, I guess it’s just that it seems like the percentage of people that really care about seeing this data is small compared to the ones who are willing to buy because they trust Evolve is not bullshitting.

I never claimed to know the “full science and math”. It doesn’t take a genius to realize the factors that go into predicting range when you’ve ridden and experienced first hand what weather conditions can do to affect an eboards performance. I road my BB through the winter and spring for 700 miles in total. So I know realistically how varied my range and overall performance can be affected by my environment. I am saying that there are so many things that go into it that it is a lot of work that I don’t think would make a big difference in sales for these companies that are selling to the average esk8 consumer that just wants to get a board and ride. Maybe if they were marketing to the DIY community they would, but obviously they aren’t (unlike Enertion).

I used to think that way too, but I realize now its not. There’s a standard of how the mileage test is done with cars. There is no standard for mileage testing on eboards. So the numbers can’t be compared… Obviously, companies want these numbers to be favorable, but they could gain these numbers by going down long downhills for 31 miles, who knows? I still haven’t been linked any video showing a range test.

Pedal to the floor vs light throttle is not shown in vehicle fuel consumption tests.

You cancelled your own arguement.

The whole vibe of car reviews is how their performance tests compared to the companys advertised figures. Exaclty the same as what you are seeing with eboards.

Let the GT speak for itself. Very few have already tested and there is a bucketload to come. It certainly seems someone cant stand the fact the big boys might actually be able to do it better.

4 Likes

Lol better Is a big claim. We will see in time.

I have said before I hate those tests too, because they ignore some of the most important variables, but they are a better standard then eboards version still

it was actually quite common for the early carbon model to catch fire. Evolve put a lot of effort into hushing customers and taking photos of burnt boards down from the internet. sounds like they did a good job too…

This must be the most viewed thread on the forum!

I was checking out their accessories and notice that they two different drive pulleys What is the tooth count on their standard street setup?

I believe it is 32T going off the settings on the remote.

Thanks Mr Mahal… I just re watched all the videos and noticed that setting on their standard Black and orange wheel. I am thinking about pick up a set of these Evolve wheels to roll with a 12t pinion on my r spec+ 190kv

Theres still alot of post in this thread but not much content. Please Evolve get these buyers their boards so everyone cam get on with riding them.

I’m just watching this thread to see if someone opened the battery and found out the f*****g Wh. With that information everyone knows what range he can get under his factors.

@E-Boarding Yep no answer yet. A pic of one opened up. Could be close to space cell. Looks longer.

Does anyone know if their new 32t pulley would work with the pitch with the @carl.1 belts? The pitch on their teeth look a little different… maybe shallower?

How much does the GT board “Drop” ?? 1/2" ??

Have you gone back up through the thread mate? There’s pictures from the Facebook page from one of the testers and his specs. @Mr_Mahal even spoke to the guy and got his track map. On the Facebook post they openly say the test was about efficiency to see just how far the board could go. Also in the pictures he’s rugged up, and as it has been stated, batteries reduce performance in cold conditions. If you are still saying you haven’t been given information regarding range I’m not sure what you are chasing??

Evolve have advertised the belts as GT3 profile, not htd. Not sure if this helps