Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Yes lol typo

I noted that right away with the AT set, the slight wobble. I was still able to ride GT mode on the AT set up, but it was a bit scary on the first day. I guess I was lucky to have never ate it tho. I hope you guys recover well. The next day I switched to 97mm clones and had absolutely no wobbles. The day after that, my GT broke haha, such bad luck.

1 Like

I just checked the tracking number and WTF, my GT is still at the local UPS store (literally like 1 mile away from my house) I dropped it off right when they opened at 9:00am Saturday. Its Monday night and status has not changed. I should have just driven to the Evolve headquarters myself (about 2 hours away no traffic, If I hit Los Angeles traffic tho, double it to 4 hours)

1 Like

I’m psychotiller! Haha

Did you post an unboxing video yet?

Still working on it

Also GT owners, how tight is/was your locktite when you tried to switch kits and had to adjust belt tension? I literally broke the long end of the allen screw trying to get this shit loose lol Such a P.I.T.A. I won’t be switching kits anytime soon again lol

1 Like

I’ve switched 5 or six times now no problems. Starting to think I need more loctite now. ( Once you crack it. Should be ok )

I wouldn’t dare put more on. As long as I keep this kit on I shouldn’t need to for a while lol I don’t know what strength they used but it was wayyyy too tight, tighter than even boosted put theirs on but then again that’s all I have to compare to

1 Like

If you don’t put more loctite on at some stage, after switching kits. The vibration from skating will eventually loosen screws and you will need to re apply. ( mediuym strength )

Same on previuos carbon evolve.

Yeah, it happened with my BB, I will re-apply eventually. Just want to feel out these wheels and see which one I’ll likely stick with for a good bit and then apply it.

1 Like

You could try nail polish. I used to use it on previous belt cover screws. Holds but not like loctite.

1 Like

Streets are awesome and feel more like a skateboard for carving but there is something cool about riding with a friend( on mountain bike ). Over grass, dirt, road. All with complete ease. Or when the bike path is full of people, just pull around them on the grass.

I tend to change them a bit but find more use for ATS in my area.

Overtaking bikes will never ever get old. Even on original carbon, Now heaps more acceleration, grip and power.

1 Like

Great to hear you were wearing your helmet and didn’t get hurt too bad. Stay safe out there and remember to throw a helmet on anyone who hops on your board, even if it’s just for a quick ride.

3 Likes

Or just don’t let other people try your board :smiley:

1 Like

I snapped the end of an allen key (my own, not the one supplied) when I first changed over. Conversely, I nearly lost an engine mount screw after a prolonged period on street wheels going over paved roads. So I reapplied medium (blue) strength loctite to the one bolt that came lose. Just be careful, if one of those screws comes loose it’ll like end up between the belt and pulley, damaging both.

Be careful on the rides mate, even if you are experienced all new machines need a period of learning. I tightened up my trucks progressively until I found the sweet spot for me. Now I can GT around no issues. But I tend to spend more time carving. Just did a 31km ride, mix between eco (gentle downhill), fast (undulating) and GT (power back home). Still had 42% battery although my voltage sagged (down to 4%) significantly if trying GT up steep hills at that point. So I imagine I was a bit further down than the indicator suggested.

Has anyone else got anything stuck in belt cover yet? I got a stone or something that managed to land in there and it gouged a groove into the top of my belt (all the way around) until it spat itself out a few seconds later. The belt is fine functionally , but is bished up on the top layer. Just unlucky but a risk with exposed belts and a partial belt cover.

@Mr_Mahal and @HoboFarts both crashed on the first day of having your evolve GTs? ouch, but good thing you both were wearing gear.

It’s funny cuz I had to bail today also but I’m perfectly okay, but totally not my fault… I had a brake failure while going downhill with an intersection at the end. My first instinct was to pull off a heelside slide like I’m doing DH, but couldn’t do it with those grippy wheels and that 21 lb board. So I fell on my knee pads and gloves and slid out momentum and then got back up with no issues, just slight embarrassment. This was my first (and totally unexpected) brake failure. I’m currently talking to LHB about it.

Even with streeth wheels at 24 mph it will wobble more than the boosted until your stabilizer muscles get trained. If you guys think things are twitchy at 24 mph, you should try 35+ mph lol.

Yeah, you are right @photorph, stabilising muscle memory probably has a lot to do with it.

Good to hear you survived the failure in tact. Real shame it happened, hopefully you can sort out the issue. I feel brakes and brake confidence is critical, it allows you to push the limits a bit more. At least you had DH experience and worked through iut. Did the board survive ok?

yep, board went up the side curb cuz I did like a 1/4 turn while trying to do a heelside slide and the board was okay. Just shot up the curb so the wood has scuffs. The steez remote on the other hand is a goner because the button that turns it on/off is broken. I was able to ride the board home. It’s just the remote stays on and doesn’t turn off lol.

Good to hear. I feel all remotes probably have a one-crash lifespan! At least it got you home.

1 Like