FatBoy HV ESC - 18S 150A Electric Speed Controller

@Kug3lis you could also advertise this towards the e-foil forum where they make electric powered surf boards and foils. Would be so perfect for those since they really could benefit from the use of properly powered 80mm motors…

2 Likes

Oh dear, up to my neck in 4.12, Focboxes & ESCapes & you do this? Shame on you

Sign me up

6 Likes

Looks sick! :slight_smile:

Sign me up for when the testing begins, if it is in a couple of months that would be perfect to test on my offroad board in the autumn :slight_smile:

Good job!

1 Like

Same, I’ll be down for 2 for sure!

1 Like

you’re never gonna start your build lmao.

5 Likes

I need this for my build so… :smiley: Plus I have already many parts coming in :wink:

lmao not you! talking about @uigiroux

1 Like

Lol well it’s taken awhile but I’ve already started my build, I’ll start a build thread once I’m closer to finishing it.

And just FYI, I’d of finished a long time ago, but many parts that I’m using are taking forever to get made. I don’t complain about it as it seems to be just a part of doing things DIY, but I hardly think that because I am taking my time and making sure to order the best parts only, that I should be a punch line in a joke about never getting a Esk8 built. I easily could have built a pos with cheap parts by now, but I’m one who researches tremendously about items before purchase, and many items are only offered from members of the forum, so I’m waiting for quality.

1 Like

sweet. 4WD?

Not for this build. I’ve decided to take others advice and build a 2WD first. I may go 4WD some day, but I don’t want to spend that much extra for a 4WD build at the moment…

What motor control libraries are we talking about?

The e-foil people will go crazy for this, maybe try making a thread at http://efoil.builders/ if you want to. The e-foil people cash out a lot more on esc and their builds in total, so that might help you when you are taking your first batch orders to keep the cost down. Just made a profile there, i now know how a beginner feels on this forum :joy: Also super pumped about innovation on this forum, the e-foil forum is kinda dry.

Looking really good and promising.

That’s very true, hey @Msk8 this could be a game changer for efoil

1 Like

I forgot to mention before @Kug3lis. You have a really cool Dad! Mine would just tell me to fuck off and show him the money first. Haha. You guys are perfect for this industry (and many others).

Absolutely, thanks for mentioning. We need high power ESCs for the electric hydrofoils. Since we are in water, many of us salt water, we don’t want to go much above 12S for saftey reasons. But we need ESCs that can handle high load. We draw high amps at start before foiling, many of our builds well over 100A, especially with direct drive systems we are experimenting with, like jet drives or low kV propped motors without gears. Please join us at efoil.builders if you are interested and let’s make sure we cross references these threads. Thanks.

5 Likes

I need this in my life.

3 Likes

@Kug3lis me too! :slight_smile:

Edit: my 16s madness can become reality lol

Paging @Deckoz, come in @Deckoz

Sooooo, what motors could use say 14s more effectively than 12s, safety concerns?

The efoil guys do go for these bigger voltages which can be dangerous in salt water since with dc it’s not possible to break the shock and you can drown

a/c as anyone who has done something dumb at home; and I’ll include myself in that, you can break the shock pretty easy

1 Like

Was wondering when I was gonna hear more news about this project after you posted that teaser in the picture only thread. Congrats! Is there going to be a programming tool that you developed on your own? Do you think there will be an alternative VESC firmware fork available?