First build... are these good parts?

alright i’ll take a look at it and do some more research on that… thanks.

1 Like

These are decent motor mounts I could sell to you

1 Like

They look nice PM interested how much.

yeah how much? where u live?

1 Like

Are you interested?

Dm me if so

Check out Build Kit Boards for all sorts of stuff. Especially his mounts. They are inexpensive and simple. I recommend them, he is a cool dude too. @JLabs

https://buildkitboards.com/collections/motor-mounts/products/motor-mount-1

3 Likes

Don’t mess with FOC unless your going to get a FocBox or an Escape or Vesc6

They are specially designed to run FOC The older 4.12v Vesc are not and although they will run it, there is a risk of burning out the DRV on the Vesc.

okay gotcha… thanks

or just get it from @thisguyhere for $19…

2 Likes

Is that motor sensored? You probably want a sensored motor

what does a sensored motor do? i found out it helps with efficiency.

It doesn’t. You’ll lose some top end speed, but it’s really good for 0-3 km/h. That’s why we use hybrid mode with sensors.

It will start from a stop. An unsensored motor you have to kick-push first, then once you’re rolling, it can take you.

I have “cheaped out” on motor mounts and it is a MAJOR pain in the A**. Get motor mounts that are backed by the community even if they seem overpriced. otherwise you will be left re-adjusting your motor mount constantly.

2 Likes

UPDATE: I just bought the parts. Instead of TB VESC, i got maytech. not sure if im gonna be satisfied since lots of people say maytech is bad but also people say TB is bad so dont know for sure. I got maytech vesc for $20 cheaper ($90 + shipping).

i will prob need help configuring it as well, so if anyone can help me with that. i would appreciate that. i have read for numerous hrs but still got some personal questions that i need to ask but i will ask them later.

anyways, heres to good luck on my first build. im excited.

Sorry for hijacking but can someone explain how you calculate the 60.000 erpm limit, and what factors to use?

Cause I just thought it was: kv * volt = rom, but that just gets me to 7000-9000 and all the talk of 55.000-60.000 makes me think I’m missing something :slight_smile:

Thanks

Kv * v * pole pairs = erpm

calc.esk8.today