First build: dual 6374-190kv TB motors - 13s4p diy -dual Focbox - Arbor Prodigy 38" - DIY 97mm wheels - TB218 trucks (65kg skateboarder on top)

Generally the flexy Loaded boards tend to get speed wobbles at a little under 30 mph, so idk how much benefit 12 or 13s will really give you

13s4p on an Icarus?, that’s a bad idea the enclosure will be too big and this will create cracks on your battery very soon, a crack is very dangerours as it may lead to fire.

If you want a 13s4p I suggest you get a different deck

3 Likes

12s4p then :wink:

maybe change my 80mm kegels to 97mm flywheels to get that top speed ?

Buddy the incarus deck is good for anything but downhill, which means it isn’t stable at high speeds

1 Like

Still playing a risky game, that deck won’t do over 30 and be stable

Ok, other deck suggestions that also have good carve and feel at low speeds that handle high speed well ? that also might fit 13s4p and a dual focbox?

Willing to drop $100 on nice trucks? You can get the psychotiller split TKPs and those should carve but be stable at speed

https://psychotiller.com/collections/trucks/products/hexl-240mm-tkp-split-angle-truck-set

?

Yeah, people hit 30s with them but they still carve like crazy

So the angle of the kingpin, bushings and pivot and a barrel instead of cone on top, makes the truck more stable at higher speeds then ? Still use Icarus board with these ?

Precision trucks with split angles and good bushings/cups will be stable at speed but have a small turning radius. The deck will not be responsive at that speed though, it will lose control because it will flex enough under stress of speed to turn on its own

Ok, i understand. what deck would you get then?

Up to you, look for something with 8 ply of maple should do it

Kydex T enclosures are easy to DIY

Ok, i see people are using the Torqueboard 218mm trucks aswell ?

Yes but they have a very linear turn, not good to carve with. You could get Paris IIs and they carve decently with cones, but they won’t pass low 30s before they buck you off

Ok, but you reckon I`d be happier with the split tkp ?

https://esk8builds.com/photo/view/?id=70

maybe something similar to this then, but the split tkp trucks ?

can u explain a bit more about the enclosures. A friend of mine is building in fiber glass. is this material better/easier ?