First Build | The Green Demon | Custom Deck | Custom Motor Mount | 6374 192kv | 8s 5800mah | VESC | Caliber Trucks | 90mm Flywheel Clones

Hi there. I’ve been lurking on this forum for a while and I’ve recently created an account. This will be my first E Board and I’m not sure if all of these parts will work together.

So far, here is my list:

Board: DIY

Motor Mount: DIY

Trucks and Wheels (90mm flywheels and 180mm Paris trucks): https://www.amazon.com/Longboard-Trucks-Flywheels-Owlsome-Bearings/dp/B01IBJXVTS/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1494623095&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=90mm%2Bflywheels%2Band%2BParis%2Btrucks&th=1

Motor (Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Brushless Outrunner Motor) :

Batteries 2(ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 25C):

OR ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo

OR ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6s 40c Lipo

VESC: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/

Receiver: HK GT2B

Gears:36T ABEC Pulley Combo Kit

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/36t-abec-drive-pulley-belt-combo-kit/

Charger: IMAX B6AC V2 Professional Balance Charger

Please let me know if I am missing something or if my parts won’t work together.

Thanks in advance,

a soon to be E-Boarder

Does anyone know which batteries I should use

I’d say the higher C rating the better so the compact 6s 40c look pretty nice, you would be able to use a slimmer enclosure with 2 3s packs in series though.

2 Likes

How would you charge the 2 3s. That’s my dilemma, would you have to charge both individually or could you charge both at once?

What range could I get with 5000mah?

@Smorto would this motor be better than the turnigy motor

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-motor-5055-190kv/

You could easily charge both at once, you would need a balance port adaptor like this one. Then you would need to make a charging port.

1 Like

Depends on rider weight, gearing ratio, riding style, motor, voltage and a number of other things. A safe estimate would be around 6-7 miles I would say.

1 Like

It’s mostly your choice. The turnigy motor is slightly bigger and I think it would have a little more power. However, the DIYES motor will fit your motor pulley much easier. It’s up to you in the end though, they will both work.

1 Like

I totally agree with @Smorto Get the highest C rating you can. Going with the 40C over the 25C batteries should substantially reduce voltage sag that would rob you of power and range.

And speaking of range, with 5000mah at 6s your only going to see somewhere around 5-7 miles range. Depending on your weight and riding conditions.

you would do well to get 2 of the 40C 6s packs and run them in parallel for 10K mah That would get you around 10-14 miles depending on your weight and riding conditions. And it would reduce voltage sag even more.

2 Likes

Thanks @Smorto @Namasaki for all the help

Would I plug the splitter adapter into the imax? Would i need a bms.

Yes you would plug the splitter into your charger.

1 Like

No, you won’t need a Bms if your using a hobby balance charger. Just be careful when riding that you don’t over discharge your batteries. Mounting your voltage meter on or through the top of your deck so you can see battery voltage while riding or using low voltage alarms is a good idea.

1 Like

Can you recommend me one.

DROK 6 0.28" Digital Voltage Meter DC 3.00~~30V Volt Tester LED Voltmeter Panel 2 Wires Car Motorcycle Battery Monitor Gauge~

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYPEVTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NzjgzbTY7PB1K

1 Like

I will also need some xt-90 connectors and some wire right. Anything else. What gage wire would I need. Do you have any recommendations. Thanks in advance. Sorry for asking so many questions

I feel I were to get two 6s batteries and wire them in series to make a 12s battery, would I need a different charger. If so, which one

If I were to stick with 6s, would I hit 20 mph?

There is no charger that would do 12s to my knowledge you would have to have them series then take them out and charge them separately with a six 6s charger. The highest charger I could find is a 8s and I am selling one on the forum. Or get a 12 bms.

1 Like

No I do not thinks so with my 8s I hit 23mph

1 Like