First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Finally had the time to try this, the gap is still there. Any clue on how to fix this?

@Ubbiedude PM your ticket/email. Iā€™d need to see a video.

@torqueboards Hi ! I finally have my 4WD setup finished! it runs great! ,didnā€™t test it yet (rainy daysā€¦) I only have a weird noise on the front/right motor, like vibes the other motors donā€™t makeā€¦any idea about how to fix that? (motors 75 KV are brand new,so it should not be the bearings I guessā€¦)

4 Likes

test ride today! itā€™s like driving a tesla car! strong power, silence and comfort (thanx to the TB110 wheelsā€¦) the board is quite heavy in 4WD : 15 KG without batteriesā€¦) so you can feel the weight in curves, but heavy torque! it was worthy the delay it took to get my TB direct drives:1 year exactly!! (ordered in black friday 2018) and also the money,as my first direct drives had issues ,and all the costs I had to assumeā€¦ (shipments and replacement)but now I ride a monster!!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

what deck, battery, enclosure etc? any pics?

Beast mode

1 Like

Also for anyone interested Iā€™m selling my direct drive 75kv motors.

That is very cool. Do you need 4 VESCs for that?

1 Like

the deck is a bustin nobach,batteries are 2X tattu 6S 16 Ah 15C(12S) , "enclosure " is a motorbike tank bag on the deck.ESCā€™s deliver 4X60A to the motors

thanx yes, there are two focbox unity inside the ESC enclosures

Can anyone help me with my 75kv DDā€™s? I have had to crashes due to my brakes being weaker than I care for them to be. Both crashes have ended in minor injuries but could if been much much worse. Iā€™m running a Unity, 75kv DDā€™s with the 110 wheels, 20700B 12s4p battery. Here are my settings. Ignore the top speed on the Metr Pro app Iā€™m not sure what thatā€™s all about.

Increase battery current max regen to 25A, thatā€™s the only way to avoid injuries

2 Likes

@ElectricCoast You can also use Current Smart Reverse and it works pretty well. Iā€™ll have to make a tutorial on it though.

4 Likes

@Eboosted osted 've increased my battery current max regen to -30 and itā€™s still the same. Iā€™m completely befuddled. My Kaly with gear drives are set to -11 and they work amazingly.

Yeah a tutorial video may be helpful @torqueboards

Thatā€™s impossible, there must be a noticeable braking force going from -15A to -30A.

You will have a stronger braking force but only at high speeds over 25km/hr, at lower speeds there will no much change, so the next question would be, are you braking in low speeds or high speeds?

Lower speeds under 10mph maybe. I donā€™t get it though my brakes on my other board are amazing set at -11. I canā€™t even sit on a 5% incline with the brake applied without the board rolling backwards.

This is completely normal. I think you are not testing it corectly or you are comparing coimpletely different ESCs or ESC firmware versions

Same exact escs. Theyā€™re both FOCbox Unitys with the same firmware.

1 Like

There must be something weird here, maybe the KV of the motors?

@Eboosted Torqueboard dd 75kv motors on board with braking issue. The other board had Torqueboard 6380 170KV motors on the board with awesome braking.