You don’t have to. Just take a look at the pcb colour… :slight_smile:

23B5E77E-4906-4F29-9BF6-E837874396C9 f7fd0f432783fe1637e8d0fbcfc02791b05dbd1c

Focbox photo from @JohnnyMeduse

Um I can’t tell the colour difference lol

They are both just black to me

2 Likes

Lol. To me ones looks purple and the other one black :sweat: lol

1 Like

I guess it can’t be a focbox any way cos the pin layout is different, I guess it must be that one that Tb started a few years back. I’ll try find the thread

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

@Mich21050 I agree with @pat.speed, for what we can see it look more like a vesc6 derivative, because of the 8pin connector that wasn’t on the 4.12

1 Like

Thanks guys… remind me how delayed i am LOL :sob:

@pat.speed Yes, not a heatsink on a focbox lol :rofl:

8 Likes

If it makes you all feel better here is my review :yum:

http:///beta-testing-torqueboard-direct-drives/

16 Likes

@torqueboards thanks for posting those pics. I was a little grumpy and now I’m very excited. Can’t wait to get my kit. Those 110mm wheels look super juicy. It’s all going to be awesome on my Moonshine deck.

Now I’m only wondering if I shouldn’t have ordered two kits since the discount is going away. :wink: Didn’t know how awesome they were going to be (or not be) but keep up the great work. I’m definitely excited to be part of the cutting edge of this developement.

@Lunasi Good review. I enjoyed the video very much also. If ya need a contact in DC give me a shout.

4 Likes

Yesterday I made a speculative enquiry as to ‘where we are with production and shipping’ of the DD units (I ordered on pre-order release day last year). Was really just a general question as I’m a patient soul but… Got a reply straightaway that the units are in-house and should ship within the fortnight.

Anticipation level = Fever Pitch :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Can’t wait either, just got my unity in and my new flipsky remote, the DD is the last piece to my puzzle

5 Likes

:hushed: OMG Finally

4 Likes

So I realized the trucks don’t have heatsinks they have “diffusers”. :kissing_smiling_eyes:images%20(3) image jkjk

17 Likes

@torqueboards can we expect the shipping of all the drive this week ?

1 Like

@FredXanadu Just received an email with:

The first sets of the our Direct Drive Motor Kit will be shipped out today.

3 Likes

I should also get my 110’s in a few days than

1 Like

Well that’s interesting. I ordered on the day of release (i think) so hopefully I’m part of this batch. Maybe they do USA first though, as seems to be always the case, and i have to wait till the UK gets dealt with. Either way I’m excited, plus these were supposed to be a birthday present from the missus, and that’s on Friday :birthday::balloon::joy:

Also ordered day one… I think even hour one :smile:

Cant wait!

1 Like