My main use would be just riding to my car parked on the street since sometimes I have to park half a mile away and I work very early mornings, and maybe eventually more for leisure, not looking for speed (heck, 10mph is plenty fast for me) but I do weigh about 200#'s (but working on getting lower) so I don’t need a performance beast.
Originally my plan was to add focboxes to my diyeboard kit with dual 50mm motor belt drives, I’ve decided instead to just build a new single drive board from scratch, just to try it out, and probably sell the diyeboard.
So far I have:
- 97mm ABEC clones wheels
- Torque Boards 218mm trucks
- Torque Boards 6374 190KV sensored motor
- Aluminum dual idler motor mount
On order I have:
- Enertion Nano-X controller
- Enertion FOCBox (x2, will probably end up selling one)
and for battery and enclosures, from wowgo I have on order from WOWGO
- Slightly upgraded 5.2AH 10s battery
- their new style battery and esc enclosure (but am thinking of getting a different single enclosure the length of the board)
for deck, I’m thinking about this one
My main goal is to basically lego this whole thing together and keep fabrication and fiddling time as low as possible, since I find the more I have to fabricate the more wind gets taken out of my sails and my interest dwindles.
My main reason for doing all this was the braking is awful with chinese board ESC’s (I’ve had a WOWGO board as well) so I’m hoping I will be able to configure the FOCBOX to give me smooth gradual braking without launching me off the board at the slightest touch of the brake.