I have been reading the forum for a while and trying to figure out what my build will consist of but I have made little if any progress.
To avoid assaulting you with a wall of text Ill try presenting information in a structured way.
mostly cruising around for fun, maybe for commuting from the subway to work/home.
SF bay area (east bay) - Its kind of hilly here but its mostly flat where I live. There is one place I might like to use it to get to that is up a hill.
in order of importance:
- easy to maintain - I would love a board with a charging port/bms so I can Just plug into a laptop charger.
- range - rethinking this, I originally wanted really long range (15-20 miles) but to be honest I doubt I will be going on really long rides
- speed - maybe 15-20mph top speed (not totally sure how fast I will be comfortable with ). Not really a daredevil so going really fast is not a priority.
the lower the better (to keep the wife happy). But I understand that quality has a cost so willing to bite the bullet a little.
parts I have
as of 1-27-16. i have ordered:
- vesc from axle (mentioned below)
- (motor from electric-skateboard.market](https://electric-skateboard.market/product/190kv-sensored-motor-6354-6374/)
- ordered the batteries mentioned below too
parts I’m looking at
- motor mount
- possible batteries (thinking of copying @Namasaki with his battery solution here)
- bms ( again for if I follow the above mentioned battery build )
- GT2B controller ( I hear this one is reliable, and I can put it in a smaller case)
- vesc where is better to buy? (from the US)
- [m&e2k^281a^lKZpotor] (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-245kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html) got this from the enertion guys youtube video was almost going to just jump and buy what he says to in the video - before deciding to come here and consult you guys.
I’m not really set on any of these parts. To be honest I kind of got lost while trying to research this. I know the battery I’m thinking of building only sort of matches my wishlist so I’m willing to consider other options. I looked at the space cell and the 6s4p epower pack. If I have complete plans I wouldn’t mind building my own pack. I’m just not sure if that’s a great idea.
Thank you in advance to anyone who drops in here.