Flash Sale: Carvon V4 XL limited sets (COMPLETED)

Yeah, my enclousures will provide some protection but if I blow up you can say you told me so lol. No real way to get 400A at 12S without lipos though , the packs are pretty thin too, only 33mm thick.

1 Like

Lies!!! Youā€™ve been drinking the Lipo cool aid. Whatā€™s the length you got to work with?

E: Lol nvm! 400A is stupid lol. Too. Much. Power

1 Like

four hundred amps from twelve in series? whaaaaat

Thatā€™s 23 horsepower

Oh btw 5 left ā€¦ whoā€™s in?

Well that what the vescs are capable of, the battery can actually put out 900A continous per their C rating. Im strongly considering using this set up (half) on the V4XLā€™s as well.

1 Like

Not sure about you but if I put that much power down, the wheels would just spin under me. We are getting into different kinds of limitations now

itā€™s funny carvon is pulling motors out like crazy right now. 4wd of these would probably do some serious damage.

But every things about mechanical design these days in hubs, and the options are endless, unlike belt drives.

How these motors hold up has yet to be seen. The reason I invested in hub motors was because I was feed up with my carvon v2s. Too many issues, including bending axles. Iā€™m sure a lot of issues are solved by these new trucks, and it looks like a cool design. But just remember, all of these motors are experimental. Itā€™ll take at least 6 months to really know for sure how any of these designs weā€™re all coming up with (including our hub motors) will work out. I hope all goes well, interesting designs. Personally, I like in wheel better than out of wheel hubs :wink:

@b264 This is why I love working on hub motors. Cause this is just a physics problem. We can find the right materials to get the best traction for high end torque boards :slight_smile: Obviously, at some point, too much is too much, but I think we are a ways away from being as powerful as they could be before having serious wheel slipping issues, if the right wheels are used.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing with direct drive though, you can change wheels and motors independently. Thatā€™s one huge, massive reason why I shun hub motors in favour of belt and direct. Also I donā€™t want to be vendorlocked to certain wheel wrappersā€¦

1 Like

I just txtd jerry and had him reserve 4 for me, soā€¦

gonna hand over a check this sat in torrance.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t you vendor locked with this design to ABEC?

Lol who flagged @evoheyax? Lol

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing lol. I think it was a belt guy hahaha

Itā€™s not like this thread couldnā€™t handle it lol

Def agree with you on your bending axel issue. I did see it with my own eyes. But the V4 are designed differently than the v2 version which was an sk motor on a Funbox truck. These arenā€™t fun box trucks, jerry had to have these custom made. No more bending issuesā€¦ainā€™t that right @BigBoyToys?

1 Like

And I would be too in SF with motors rated at 149kv. I think the v2 were the wrong choice in your application. At 149kv and the SF hills, thatā€™s a bad combo. I think the V4 Speed Drive XL would be more suitable for SF.

None so far, I bent V2ā€™s really quick. I have double the miles on my V3ā€™s already too. I like that heā€™s keeping the axle 12mm through the motor and then 10mm through the wheel on the XL version. I think that should be more than sufficient for the extra inch.

See @evoheyax hereā€™s some validation for you. And of course would sour a person on any further products coming out.

But I would ask you to put aside your prejudices, and take a look at the design changes from the v2 and v2.5 to the V4. Its not the same. Itā€™s better.

I agree that the designs are better in the v3. Havenā€™t seen the raw designs of the v4 though. Any references?

I think everyone is serious about their designs right now. All I was tryin to say is things happen and no one is certain of anything until theyā€™ve all been ridden, and this goes for all of the direct drive motors out there. I hope for the best.

I know Michael that youā€™ve been pushing carvon lately. Iā€™m glad to see you put your skills to work for someone like carvon. Your a talented individual with great people skills.

I guess though, Iā€™ll see these motors this Saturday, right?

1 Like

Imma bump this question.

I emailed and Jerry responded saying group buy had pay the $100 to upgrade. As always, I shelled out the cash