Fliess - Bulletproof DirectDrive

Oh i see… but that 30% they state is bs

compared to alu yes :sweat_smile:

up to** (wink, wink)

1 Like

Ok, well I’ll find out, I’m going to try the silver (which @ $0.5/g * 75g = $37.50, so really not too much IMHO), as well as the copper, and see which performs better.

These motors are going to be very high quality. The reason a lot of cheaper companies use many thin stands I couldn’t really say why, other than it’s easier to wind thin stands then to wind the equivalent weight in one stand. Regardless, mine will be top of the line in every aspect…

@uigiroux, you must be either very experienced guy claiming so or you have already dealt with this particular company in the past. From my own experience, you can never be sure at least until you get the first samples and try it out yourself. Anyway, I wish that your dreams come true, everybody wish dude…

2 Likes

@topcloud, thanks! I treat your words as a special compliment :slightly_smiling_face: Because I was so happy to come up with this extractor idea, which makes disassembling not harder than assembling.

2 Likes

Lol thanks, no this is my first time having a go at this, but I’ve gotta skilled people helping and as far as the previous points addressed, I was just going off of what the site claimed, mainly because the company is a very high quality one, so I’m hoping that their claims are true. I’ll find out with the first few batches I guess…

Also thanks for the well wishes. Your motors here look fantastic, very good job well done!

@fliess how are you keeping your stator from moving on the axle?

@uigiroux, it’s just a keyway. I think I made a photo already and posted somewhere in #fliess treads, but may be wrong.

Yeah I think you’ve mentioned that but I don’t recall ever seeing the pic…

Awe inspiring as usual… How did you get the magnets out of the old housing? And it looks like the 648 is doing the job?

@deucesdown, yeah, we need more DD riders! Even though, sometimes a bit scary when rocks are flying around away from the motors :crazy_face: Initially I didn’t even plan to touch the magnets, but when I tried my 1st extractor idea, i.e. slowly turn 4 bolts and push the wheel mount out, then 2 magnets just dislocated:

I realised they are glued worse than expected. And yes, 648 is amazing when used properly.

6 Likes

One thing I can’t see or figure out, hopefully you can answer this easily, but how do you get the cables out of the motor. It seems as though once you mount the motor on the axle, there is no path for the cables to get out from…

@fliess would you just take my money already

3 Likes

Me too me too me too.

1 Like

If I may ask, did you just order these two cylinders, or did you have to machine it from a solid block.

If you did just order them, how much were they, and could you also tell me where you got them from please?

1 Like

he probably bought tubular stock and bored it out…

4 Likes

Any idea what that costs around?

i don’t know what size the OD is :wink:

oh yea, and boring a hole that large in stainless with anything other than a beefy lathe is gonna be damn near impossible

5 Likes

Google?..

2 Likes