Fliess - Bulletproof DirectDrive

I’m searching Google but not really having any luck so far. V4A Stainless Steel tube stock comes up with some unusual results.

Hmm, I think normal stainless steel would be strong enough

Probably, that’s the type he said he used in the first post though.

Yeah but he probably has to use it since his motors are so close to the ground

Well that’s also why I’m looking for it since I’m working on a similar project.

Have at it.

1 Like

Oh bad ass, that’s perfect! Thanks @MrHappy!

Hey,

For a motor maybe look at 316LN( X2CrNiMoN17-13-3) is more corrosion resistant and has a higher stress resistance at higher temperatures than 316 (V4A). Gonna be a bitch to machine though.

Should start selling these

2 Likes

@uigiroux, c’mon dude, don’t be lazy to search. This is a hardest part, I know, but most of your questions are easy to search. Okay, maybe some of them not :slightly_smiling_face: But some are really killing, like

So, if you don’t mind, I will just not comment this one :wink:

In regards to stainless steel bushings - I was lucky to find them (as used) on DE ebay for just 25eur each. It was just 2 pieces available :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Guys I am always open for gifts, just use paypal :smile:

7 Likes

dude you need to do some more research before you start this project…

4 Likes

I’ve done plenty, not to say I couldn’t use more, but I think I’d learn more by actually doing a build now. Regarding that question I was making a joke because he had to put like a million pounds of pressure on the inner motor to get it to go into the new sleeves and it looked like nothing was coming out, lol.

Are you selling them?

@stormboard1, yes, $1k :wink:

7 Likes

Take my money rn!

Per wheel ya?

depends. For those who always followed me and gave many likes - per set! For those who argued that belt/hub is better than DD - per wheel.

11 Likes

Good logic :joy: for the record direct drive is supreme motor … I mean you get choose your wheels…and have the stealthiness of hub plus a stronger motor… dd ftw if I can get one :sob:

1 Like

Not stronger motor, but the rest of that LoLz. Plus for short decks with a big kicktail, your enclosure can be almost twice as big

5 Likes