Fliess - Bulletproof DirectDrive

Now if only Ithe price could be brought down

1 Like

It’s still a new tech nd has to be more developed to be cheaper. I actualy wish some chinese manufacturer will try to copycat The DD system so more pples will be enjoying them Right now carvon is the shit but it’s very very expensive for most of us

Precision trucks are always expensive, and that’s essentially what these are. Go price precision trucks and you won’t think Carvon prices are that high

Personally i don’t think it’s expensive ( that’s why i bought 2 sets of SD :stuck_out_tongue: ) But after a few talk on reddit most of the « consumers » think it’s way too expensive

I actually feel like it’s underpriced! For a similar belt drive performance you would in most cases end up paying more! 2 x 6374 ($260) 2 x motor mounts ($120) 2 x wheel pulleys ($60) 2 x motor pulleys ($30) Precision truck ($30 if lucky)

Thats already over $500 and direct drive is much sleeker!!

3 Likes

These are some highly estimated prices imo :smile:

Yeah that’s a bit over priced for parts

2x sk3 $200 (these are what carvon actually uses) 2x Enertion pulley sets $80 (Idk the price for other sets 2x motor mounts from the forum $150 1x truck set $50-100

These are in Aus dollars so about a quarter of you want US dollars

1 Like

There’s no way you’ll get precision machined trucks for $100, and even then, you’re already at about Carvon’s price

Yeah, that was based of caliber 2 trucks because I don’t know the pricing of precision trucks

Here you go http://www.liquidtrucks.com/products/liquidtrucks/

Lol, I won’t be getting those any time soon

Why is it so much better ? Just genuinely curious

Prices I indicated are obviously for the best parts there are in the market (obviously if you can make parts such as pulleys and mounts at home it’ll be cheaper, but Carvon’s are not home made, they are pretty damn polished).

I know Jerry uses SK3 motors however his are sensored and you can’t get SK3 with sensors so price of $260 was for 2 Dark Matter motors from @scepterr Those are very high quality, black like carvons and sensored!

TB mounts are $60 each and seem to be one of the best available.

For an equal quality I quoted what aluminium pulleys would cost, not plastic.

And precision trucks
 yeah those are just another story : )

1 Like

they’re PRECISE!

haha but i’m kinda wondering the same thing. i get that the hangar is cnc’d instead of cast, but how much does that really matter for push boards?

1 Like

you get the privilege of telling people that they’re cnc when they check out your board

3 Likes

@GrecoMan, I am not a profi but logically - if you compare precise cast trucks against precise milled trucks, the only advantage of the last one would be durability, in particular, harder to bend.

2 Likes

Durability is a factor, the major reason to get CNC precision milled trucks is predictability. On cast trucks the hanger doesn’t rotate exactly the same in both directions because of inconsistencies in length, width, weight, profile, etc. You end up learning to compensate for those differences when riding for a awhile. WIth precision trucks you can predict the radius of a turn, the amount of lean, the depth of the slide, etc. all based on the mathematics surrounding the precise profile of the truck.

In all honesty its not much of a difference and most of us that have precision trucks are not nearly talented enough to make use of the very subtle differences. That being said
they are fuckin cool :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@mmaner

:wink:

Differences you list make sense when you compare cast trucks (which are usually not precise) vs. milled trucks (which are usually precise).

2 Likes

Actually not that wide as I thought :grinning: Only 6-7mm wider than Evolve trucks:

Means that it’s worth to try to fit my DD to Loaded Tesseract beauty.

3 Likes

Love your watermarks dude

3 Likes