Floating board? Keep on Dreaming on! That's how the future is made! 🌈

Anti-fish eye lens. Takes curved objects and straightens them out… duhh

4 Likes

So instead of electromagnetism I believe I’m just goin to use a ++ as a repel force. So as long as the top is attached in such a way so that it doesn’t sway, the force from leaning should force the mag on the bottom to pivot. Ok so as soon as I have a scale mock up I’ll show pic. Couldn’t do much yesterday but fiddle with electromagnets and yes I can get the. To repel each other but not with great force. So 4-200lbs mags and 4 on the bottom in ++ or – should give more suspension. Now for the air gap, it will be held closer than it wants to so keeping in floating no more than 3in. Of anything this will feel fun or a lil crazy to ride like my trike board.

Also I believe a haya deck and some hub motors would be cool for this

Yeah… Sorry to ask but have you done your research ? Using regular magnets and rails will works surely, but I’m not sure there is magnet strong enough to use in such application. First lifting a mass of around 80 kg is not easy, and I don’t think there is commercially available magnets that are that strong to be able to lift the upper board significantly (around 5cm would be good) Otherwise, if only a very levitation is achieve, it won’t dampen the vibration at all, and the 2 boards will jut hit each other at every bump

And then there is the problem of leaning, which is quite important

1 Like

I guess I’ll just do it for science then.