FOCBOX Unity Dual Motor!

I’ll just leave this here :heart_eyes::grin:

Check out enertions instagram ‘ENERTION is dedicated to offering Electric Skateboard builders the best technology, at the best price. Self-built high performance Electric Skateboards not only need to be ‘Powerful’ they also need to be ‘Affordable’ most importantly the build & setup process needs to be ‘User-friendly’ - The FOCBOX UNITY (dual motor FocBox) will change the way builders build Esk8. New features include; *Built-in switch circuit *Voltage Display Connector *Full body alloy case *New UI‘

26 Likes

Whyyyyyyyyyy no direct fets blahh

Also it looks like they’re using an STMF7?.. I’m curious to see the GitHub fork for this…

4 Likes

Ain’t nobody got time for no instagram

2 Likes

To find DirectFET in stock right now is like to find a big foot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There’s other packages they could run and double up on like they have in the picture… :confused:

And I assume there is another mcu on another side :slight_smile: Plus integrated antispark with several small fets :smiley: Looks interesting

1 Like

I thought that at first too but if you zoom you can see it looks to be an STM32F7 with almost double the pin count of the F4…

2 Likes

I think I see two SWD ports :slight_smile: But I am not sure. There is not much code available for dual motor control apart STM32 PMSM :wink:

No… one mcu to control them all…

@Deckoz this ain’t no Vesc … :wink:

3 Likes

Then Like I said its STM32 PMSM based code, I am just curious about their feature list :smiley:

2 Likes

interesting. One…MINI??? usb. I wonder why they didn’t design the phase wires in the center instead of the outside. Having screwed up a few FocBoxes, I’m not sure how comfortable I’m with putting all two eggs in one basket if you know what I mean.

Jason posted “Price ideally will be less than buying two separate FocBox”

That case is using a microUSB. I wonder what the final design would be. The power leads coming out from the side doesn’t seem like a good idea

Also first post missing image of case

5 Likes

Definitely not inspired be something :smiley:

5 Likes

got time to click?

3 Likes

Without decent support like phone apps, and etc I don’t see this “Focbox” making any good things… Just another ESC with plain SERVO style control :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

MiniUSB is way better than MicroUSB. I’d prefer USB-C but of those two, Mini is definitely the superior choice

2 Likes

oh yeah, I agree. I effing hate Micro, mini is solid

2 Likes

I swear Micro USB was invented to be put in phones because it always fucking breaks in like 2 years. Meanwhile I still have my first phone which i used for 5 years with a Mini and it still feel’s the same.

I’ve got hope for USB-C tho.

5 Likes

I’ve never broken a micro USB what are you even talking about? How rough are you with your cables? Mini USB is fucking awful. I have Micro USB cables EVERYWHERE, mini USB? not so much. BRING ON USB C ALREADY!!!

3 Likes