FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Just got my tracking from bara, i think. @CarlCollins @barajabali

Thx :smiley:

2 Likes

Yup! That was me. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks bara. i was bout to become a keyboard warrior on enertion

1 Like

I bought these 5.5 mm connectors for my motor cables.

Will I be able to fit the male 3.5 mm bullet connectors that come with the unity into these female 5.5 ones?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Carl, I know it’s difficult dealing with a situation outside your control

Alan Chou? Alan Zhou? Alan Wow? Alan me?

Just checked again - Awaiting Fulfillment Order date: 21st Dec 2018

After today there is 2 weekend days left to March image image

Aware I’m ‘going on’, but not all that sure that this is made-up poppycock by the Chinese side as before which is why it would have been courteous for @onloop to take a quick Xanax , step out of Enertion towers & make some kind of promise or statement.

Too much? just want the truth - April/May/June/July (and the year)

Could somebody comment this? Would like to finish my build now, but not with this kind of a failure waiting to happen. @CarlCollins @barajabali ?

1 Like

Apart from the heat shrink issue and being ugly, could you call that a cold solder joint? image

Give it a small tug, if it pops off then that is a different matter

Even though it might survive your “tug test” to me it definitely looks like something that could fail under the vibrations our boards go through in use. Also it looks like a cold solder joint IRL.

I’m not asking anyone to do anything about it, I want and can fix it myself. The question is if I’m allowed to.

3 Likes

This is one of the reasons I went for the platinum warranty. I want to be able to solder whatever connectors I want.

I mean most RC type esc does not even come with connectors. Voiding a warranty just for replacing the connectors is plain wrong.

It is very easy to determine if an esc defect was caused by changing connectors or not so this particular intervention should not void a warranty.

2 Likes

:point_up: ye

2 Likes

Yeah just reheat it with a soldering iron. Its hard to tell if its a cold solder or not. You are not voiding anything in this situation since you reported it

5 Likes

platinum warranty… is that different than the Instant replace warranty?

Same thing

1 Like

@barajabali Does that apply to this Focbox user?

1 Like

thx…I want to change my connectors but i don’t have any confidence in my soldering skills. I just bought an iron 3 weeks ago and have only soldered a broken speaker wire connector. (from watching youtube videos) i must say it looked better than that solder joint.

1 Like

Buy bullet connectors and make the connection via an adapter. That way you keep the warranty, and boost your soldering skills by learning

Just make sure the connections are sturdy

2 Likes

hey, I don’t know weather to get the 1 year instant replacement warranty or not. Like this thing is supposed to be really reliable but its a super expensive thing to rebuy if it breaks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

did you get 1 year replacement warranty?