FOCBOX UNITY | Official

I got the 1 year warranty. Might be a bit off but pretty sure I was told by support that I could swap connectors without ruining the warranty because I have the 1 year warranty. Pretty sure that means I can also swap the 14awg to 12 or 10awg without ruining the warranty.

6 Likes

It covers user error so these things are also covered. What is not covered though is shipping charges of replacement, so for people in the EU, we have to pay shipping both ways and import taxes again for the replacement :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

So do you think it’s good to get even if you are making adapters?

I honestly don’t know yet. The cost if this thing breaks even if you have the 1 year warranty starts to get very close to the vesc 6+.

Uh this probably ain’t the right place to post this but I bought mine off eBay and the insurance from square trade for $25 for 2 years and they’ll pretty much cover any problem.

But then I also paid $100 extra for buying from Enertion lol

@legend27

I have this extra warranty, but I was told before that if I replace any connectors my warranty is gonezo, did this change?

1 Like

Wow. Can we just relax and get the things first before all this doom and gloom. I bought 2 focboxes way back when and killed them with a can bus error. My fault but enertion fixed me up even though I’d changed the connectors. They state these things but if you are a customer and communicate with them they treat you like a human.
Just make some adaptors. Its not hard and should be way within the bounds of anyone buying this product. Its a good product. Focboxes were a good product. Stand by your decision and wait then enjoy.

5 Likes

I already have the unity, yet I am tingling to change at least the motor wires to longer ones with SK3 friendly bullets. The originals seem to hold very weakly, unless I glue/heatshrink them together. :smiley:

IMG_4125

Is the 1Yr extended warranty considered platinum?

It is the same thing.

https://www.enertionboards.com/focbox-motor-controller/1yr-focbox-unity-replacement-warranty/

2 Likes

laughs in XT90

5 Likes

so warranty or not?

1 Like

Yes get the warranty. Still waiting for your build thread little man!!

2 Likes

sounds good! its taking me a while to save for all the parts, but after this (ordering unity now) all I have left is the battery then im set!!! its my birthday coming up april 18 so maybe I can cop some $$$ from that :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Keep on and it will be a great build I’m sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope so, I have put a ton of time and effort and money into it so im super hyped for when its finished.

1 Like

So warranty only if you have the Platinum warranty and you solder new connectors?

I finally got my unity. Thanks. I bought the warranty but nothing was in the package. Is it just stored in enertion’s database that i have it? Is it linked to my unit’s serial number with them? Thanks

They don’t have serial.numbers but the warranty is linked to your enertion account on the website it will be there under your orders

@Makio13

1 Like