FOCBOX UNITY | Official

The reason why it is 10 turns is to reduce the impact of a slight error. I recommend picking a unique feature on your wheel or placing a piece of colored tape when you do it. Say you were 1/4 turn off from accurate, the computed ratio would be ± 2.5% inaccurate.

1 Like

Are you averaging the values returned for each turn? (Just curious)

It’s just cumulative which averages automatically. Basically we are just looking for a conversion between tachometer counts/6 (electrical revolutions) to mechanical revolutions. So log the Tachometer position at beginning, hand spin 10 turns then back calculate.

1 Like

You are not the only one. Watt control ftw!

1 Like

You’re thinking of duty cycle control. Watt control doesn’t give you a 1:1 mapping of speed to throttle and 1/3 throttle will still send your wheels to max speed under lighter loads.

It does affect the granular controls at high speed giving more responsiveness in the throttle past a certain duty cycle. Though the effect isn’t as night and day as with duty cycle vs current.

Additionally the Unity firmware is based off the official VESC tool which already implements watt control, so you guys actually already have it.

@McErono

3 Likes

:confused: so I got to the stage of calibration and I think one of my motors are faulty? One spins and the other just stutters away? Help

Try redoing the calibration and give it a healthy spin of the motor. Make sure you’re all wired up correctly too.

1 Like

all wired up correctly, hall sensors in proper?? i took the sensor wires out and both motors work fine? is this normal?

Swap sensor wire connections and try again to see if it repeats

1 Like

you’re hall sensors are not detecting on motor two, since none of the halls are being detected, most likely on the 5V or gnd cable

1 Like

dammit. i purchased some hall sensor adaptors as my maytech had different connections so i think this may be the issue.

anyone know where i can buy some more adapters in the UK?

Hey dude Is it ok to use all 4 pins when connecting 2 unity’s via canbus?

to be on the safe side, leave the gnd unconnected and put a 20 to 25 ohm resistor on the 5V.

2 Likes

Thanks man!

@Andy87 to the rescue again?

why is your first one working? you have the same adapter for both?

@Powadangaboards are those my extensions?

If yes please double check if the colors on the jst like this

1 Like

How do i start up the unity. Do i have all my phase wires pluged in the power switch in then plug in my battery?

1 Like

Not sure where to start here, but yes you should have all your connections done before attempting anything

2 Likes

yes they are bro, ill check in the morning and let you know :slight_smile: