FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Do you have a link to where I can buy the circular meter?

Also, can you set it to one mode or does it alternate between percentage and voltage on a timer?

You can choose if it should jump between them or just show 1 of them

I finally put my new board with the foc Box unity into operation… great controler. But I’d still like to have an optimized app, i dont like the speed display/battery charge…the current display is a bit small. I would like to mount an old mobile phone at the front of the board. When I do that I can’t read any more with the current display. You could remove the longboard graphic and insert a larger speed display.

What does this : test erpm -> rpm excactly do ?

I dont think the HUD speedometer is correct, any where i can put in my gear ratio ? Screenshot_20190409-222004

connect your board and hit that button, it will instruct you to spin one wheel 10 times and that will back calculate gear ratio/motor pole count.

3 Likes

Can we get this feature to just add manually the gear ratio and motor pole?

I don’t get it. How can the Unity know the gear ratio?

Because you spin the wheel 10 times, the motor might just spin 40 times if gear ratio is 1:4. :smiley:

This would mean that I make 10 full rotations. My guess is that most people would just spin the wheel randomly without making sure that they turn the wheel 3600 degrees .

Then you get bad speed readings. Simple as that. :smiley:

I which case we get back to @mackann 's request. Manually inputting the motor and wheel gear is easy and (more) foolproof.

2 Likes

In the box next to it you can adjust manually, it’s pretty easy to spin a wheel exactly ten times. The number there just represents (gear ratio * motor pole pairs) I have faith that everyone can read one sentence follow instructions and count to ten, in what way is that more difficult than understanding how gear reductions/motor poles work?

I understand that it is traditionally done differently in other apps, but my guess is many had to have someone explain that to them when they first used it also. I’m going to strongly disagree that the suggested method is more foolproof. We outline a calibration routine to accurately measure the reduction vs. blindly trusting user input that rely’s on some level of understanding of how drive train works.

8 Likes

When do you next the next firmware update will be out :)? Thanks for your work man you are amazing!

I give it a try… thanks

That’s why Ackmaniac’s WATT control is superior to anything. YOu get the full response of your throttle. ALways If you apply more power it gives you more power. YOu don’t reach max speed with 1/3 of throttle applied. WATT control is awesome but I asked Enertion and was told I am the only one that wants it. That’s why I am staying so far with Focboxes and Ackmaniac’s awesome FW. BTW, ramping time adjustment is in PC VESC tool APP SETTINGS/ PPM - general tab (positive ramping time for throttle, negative for brake, lower down to make the response quicker)

2 Likes

How precise do the turns need to be though?

1 Like

Fully agree. The watt control itself and also the reverse implementation are better than anything else. Both will be hugely missed in my Unity build.

2 Likes

Yeah,safety brakes, watt control, cruise control, push mode, reverse with adjustable RPM limit for it not going reverse in high speed, there is even more stuff. Yeah, that Ackmaniac FW is the best thing. I hope Enertion implements some of the stuff into the unity. At least the watt mode and safety brakes.

1 Like

I Also would love to see the watt control and other ack maniac features mentioned above on the unity

3 Likes