FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Also your missing Rtv silicone on connector ends. I had wires jiggle loose and board stop.working because I forgor rtv silicone my first jst swapout.

Its jst 2.0mm

I have a question for you. Really hoping you’ll be able to help me out with this. If you can see in my picture when I plug it in the green red and blue LEDs stay solid. the red error LED is solid red the whole time nothing is working can’t connect to the UI and the remote is connecting but no response. any idea how to fix that?

1 Like

I am considering buying the Unity ESC. What kind of remotes can I use with it? Can I use the VX2 or trampa wand? What about the 2 accessory modules, are those needed? thanks

Am currently using the VX2 with the Unity on this board.

I have TB110’s but stopped using them because they require decent power that my Direct Drive couldnt provide from a 10S3P battery IIRC. My torque/braking was severely reduced so I want to build a board powerful enough to use them

On my setup I don’t have any trouble with torque or speed. Actually am haven’t put the pedal to the metal am not to secure. It’s very fast.

Am running: Motor 6384 190kv Battery 12S 4P Unity Remote VX2 Wheels TB 110mm

You should get one from https://derelictrobot.com/ best in town

Have you used the black box? How useful is the data if you’re not doing coding for the Unity?

unlike your motors, your battery, your ESC… these data loggers are simply an optional accessory… an expensive one.

Ask yourself this, last time you had a lovely drive in your car, or ride on your bike, did you get home and wonder exactly what fuel consumption you had whilst driving up the road? do you need to see a digital line tracing your journey on a map to remind you what way you went?

These things are not so much about “coding” - they are mostly for people who must know how many watt-hours, or current, or volts, or temperature, they had & at what point on a map.

3 Likes

Okay, that is useful, it’s real time telemetry recorded.

Thanks for the info

one tiny bit of middle ground in this metaphor.

When your car had a hiccup, and you took it to the mechanic, he did look at the computer and find fault codes telling him what went wrong.

Catching VESC fault codes can often be instrumental in understanding what went wrong on your esk8. you can do that on the cheap by just having access to your vesc with any tool before it shuts off.

The rest of the telemetry is also good in those conditions as well. :skateboard: but YMMV.

1 Like

Ive been using the Unity for the last 3 months, very happy with it! Thinking of ordering another soon, but when i got it before the U.K hadn’t brexited and I got a very good deal on import tax :wink:
Is there anyone on here who’s ordered it since the January rules kicked in as ive heard they’ve started cracking down…can someone confirm what the damage is or if there’s a way around it? cheeers #esk8bro

We just went out of stock but should have more Xenith arriving towards the end of the month. very similar product and we ship from UK so no import hassle to worry about. https://www.electricskateboarding.co.uk/escs/bkb-xenith-esc

1 Like

Hello,

I am having some trouble with my Focbox Unity. The Unity came set up in a build that I purchased from Big Red Boards and I set it up initially with the VESC tool and everything ran fine for a month or two. While I was out riding one day, I stopped for short break, and when I tried to go again the motors seemed to cut out. I was able to make it home, but could not figure out what was going on, so I tried to rerun the Foc motor detection in VESC and it would not work. Just as the motor detection is about to turn the motors, the VESC seems to disconnect and gives me the following error “Serial port error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or and application request”.

Can anyone please help with this? I am definitely a noob when it comes to this level of technicality. I have searched the Forums but was not able to find this problem specifically, although I have seen alot of comments about “Bricking” the VESC. Is that what happened somehow? Basically I could really use some help as I really want to go riding!

Thank you!