For Sale - Enertion Rspec Drive Kit ($566)

Go to bed boys. You’re just stroking each other’s… egos now. Ride, be safe, and be respectful. Just love here

2 Likes

I really think this topic should be split from the post that started this firestorm

1 Like

@venom121212 is somehow right… the discussion is somehow unnecsarry right now… :slight_smile: Let’s just leave it as it is right now and maybe wait for @topcloud 's reply

2 Likes

Alan, please understand that everything stated here is not intended to dimish you in any way.

I hold you in high regard, despite your comment regarding @BigBoyToys, RIP. We’ll allow you to delete that comment and start over, if you’d like, because we’ve all been 13 years old, too (to state the obvious).

Let your insensitive comment regarding Derek stand and I’m afraid you will prove why we need a minor policy site-wide, outside of Marketplace.

Derek set world records. We’re not your parents and certainly aren’t trying to be, yet please understand, none of us will ever believe you know esk8 like Derek did, respectfully.

My advisement, however, stands to the adults on our forum: https://www.doityourself.com/stry/legal-issues-when-selling-a-car-to-a-minor

So to summarize.

This is the law and not subjective, but objective, and does not only apply to us, but all adults entering into all sales contracts with all minor children in the US.

Esk8 is inherently dangerous and we know we will all get hurt, sometime. It is inevitable.

Can you get your mom or dad to make an account to handle your buying and selling? With their PayPal? To protect our community?

6 Likes

It has alawys technically been their PayPal and not mine. Thank you I have also removed the comment.

2 Likes

Get rid of this one too my friend. Not good.

2 Likes

It’s edited out already. Sorry guys it was a bit late and I got furious.

2 Likes

Good on you sunshine. Keep building.

2 Likes

Your link to the car is 90% irrelevant, buying a car and esk8 parts is totally different, a car is a commuter tool and not a toy while esk8 on the other hand could be classified as a toy. And many people do still classify the boosted board as a toy (more than likely is due to it’s power)

If I buy a car and the power steering fails and I get hurt and the problem was not know, about by the original owner does the person who sold it to me take liability. No

Isdnt it the same with esk8??

Point proven??

Also if my parents did not know about the dangers of esk8 why In hell would they allow me to store boards and parts at home and ride my board to school?

euh, YES they are liable :smiley: hahaha (at least here in europe, and yes, even second hand)

1 Like

What, how does that even work in Europe

At least that’s not the case in the states I’ll just avoide esk8 sellers in the EU than, hehe I’m pretty sure no one who owns a second hand car would file a lawsuite against the original owner for a problem that was unknown, if the problem was know, than the original owner might have some problems on thrit hands.

again have to disagree… When buying from my country, you KNOW it should be good and people cant sell you broken crap due to waranty

1 Like

Yeah the us lacks in some parts.

No they aren’t. If it fails the original manufacturer is liable for any kind of damage (if it’s not a user error)… If you buy it from another person (not a company). :slight_smile:

There you go in case you want any evidence:

well, not that it matters, but here its different (eventhough we are in europe, BE still has different laws). Yes, original manu might be responsible for something that breaks after purchase like you said, but (second hand) seller is responsible for stuff breaking right after or what was already broken but not seen (or deliberatly hidden). It depends case per case.

2 Likes

:arrow_up::arrow_up: keyword :smile: Also I’m taking about Austrian law in particular. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep original owner takes no responsibility, manufacturer does for making a unsafe product

I’m pretty sure if that happens in the us the second hand owner that brought the car from the original owner couldn’t do anything about it, because the original owner never promised a warranty and the person buying the car should of throughly checked it out

@anorak234 @mmaner can we close this? Nothing is being sold here but points of view.

1 Like