For the love of Baby Jesus. DUAL TACON BIGFOOT BUILD

Hee…he… yes! Kind of. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is it me or do these tacons look very similar to the enertion rspec motors? @Hummie it has always been my understanding through rc that motors are measured by can size in the retail aspect.

1 Like

WHAT? 10char

Well the tacon states 5335 on it so… Or was it 45. The r-spec! Don’t get me started. Ever watch the 15 min promotional video for those years ago? What a crock. All the other motors were declared only hobby grade. Biggest misinformation mindfuck I’ve seen since…before trump

2 Likes

Yes thats true. But in some cases companies like Tacon or T-Max like to label their motor with the stator size, although those motors are from a different (higher number) motor class. And I kinda understand why is that. Because in the case of the Tacon and the T-Max…they are originally build for the RC industry to move propelled driven RC aircraft. They (both motors) also come with these X mounts and a propeller shaft and nut to fit those aircraft.

Forgive me just couldn’t resist that.

I’ve never heard of any “class” and just motors described by size or supposed power output potential. If it’s a certain size it’s lilely to put out close to the same power as others the same size.

1 Like

@WillieNelson best you get involved here mate we need to get back on point.

Is us, Esk8ters who mess up with things, because we find these motors, created for a different market and a different porpuse, and adapt them for our Esk8 needs. In fact most Tacon motor line comes with these high kvs across the board. Only a few of their motors (which accidentally) come with less kvs, like the Bigfoot which is 245 Kv. still to high for most Esk8 applications, but we manage to go around this issue by increasing wheel pulley sizes to handle the high Kvs.

Imo motors should be measured on stator size tbh. Then at least you’d be getting the actual size not the cover and if thats how tacon do it then good on them. Do they do a 200kv?

1 Like

If you go see their product line (Tacon) you’ll see that almost all their motor come with super high Kvs. Thats because they are all made with the RC propeller driven aircraft in mind. Not for Esk8 application. The 160 Bigfoot is just about the only motor from their lineup that almost fit the bill for Esk8 application. The rest are all too high for us.

1 Like

But the differences are minimal. Wind some more wire wraps around it to make it a lower kv and done. N get some better motor leads that won’t short or break n even better.

1 Like

Very much like the sk3 hobby grade motor that seems to be the only thing worth putting on your board right now. I imagine the tacon to be the same thing. Tried tested and good at what it does. With the right gearing.

1 Like

No, I dont think so. The closest to our needs that Tacon produce is the 245Kv - 160 Bigfoot. But T-Max had a couple thats trespass the treashold (towards us), with a couple motors with 200Kv and 170 Kv respectively. I have a couple of their 200Kvs motors which are similar to the Tacons, and are also labeled by the stator denomination, not the can. Mine are called T-Max GT5335-10

2 Likes

Mine are 200Kv, but technically when being tested they come up 212Kv. Little higher on the spectrum. But just good enough for our needs.

Exactly. :+1:

Guys while this is very enlightening for us motor nerds poor old @WillieNelson will be waking up from whatever country he’s in and finding nothing useful. He has the motors, he has the trucks he needs different info and we are probably not helping right now. I on the other hand have found this to be very informative. Lets wait till the man comes back on line before discussing the details.

2 Likes

If he has the Tacon 160 Bigfoot in fact, the best bet is to get the 218mm Torqueboards trucks and he’ll get ample room to put those Tacons inside.

2 Likes

Which kind of take us straight back up to the first reply :rofl: @Sebike see what you started here? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Take a look at how they even advertise the Bigfoot, with an image of the propeller nut and front fuselage X motor mount (is a natural born RC aircraft motor)…

You can even read on the can, the diameter size: 63mm

2 Likes