For the love of Baby Jesus. DUAL TACON BIGFOOT BUILD

6364 motor You the man!!

2 Likes

Yeah, is short in lenght for the 6374 denomination, but the sole diameter size (63mm) is enough to classify the monster with such a motor class. 6374 class indeed!

1 Like

Can’t we call it the 6364motor class!?

But u could drop the kv down going strand by strand with a multimeter and finding the starts and ends, solder all the ends together, and bam it’d be…about 150kv

1 Like

Some other motors are opposite. For example the Turnigy SK3 is rated as a 6374 class motor, but their physical size goes opposite ways…is 59mm diameter x 82mm lenght. So both measures go out the boundaries a little bit, but still is a 6374 motor, true measures notwithstanding! (short in diameter by 4mm and big in lenght by 8mm)

I’ve never heard of a “class”. Why they would go to the trouble to measure it, and then throw the measurements out the window and go with an inaccurate “class”…weird

2 Likes

Some of the classes are somewhat like… 2204, 2830, 5045, 5055, 6374, 6380, etc.

I really don’t think you can use HK as a bench mark. They have no set pattern to how they measure motors.As you say the sk3 is 59x 84 the sk8 is 63x 82 Both classified as 6374 because the stators in both are the same size. Its the classification that I think is causing all the confusion. The classification in motors is supposed to reflect the actual size of the unit so modellers/builders can use the info when putting together their projects. If the physical size does not reflect the stated size then problems occur. As now.

:joy: Sorry guys… :rofl:

2 Likes

Thats what happens when you chuck a spanner in the works of a load of nerds. we all obsess over the details. Just takes one person to point out the particular detail and off it goes.

2 Likes

You created a monster @Sebike !!

1 Like

I’ve never heard of any “class” for motors. It’s all usually based on (approximate) can size, or in Hobby King/Tacon cases, the stator size. Stator size is what really matters most though, and if we use SK3 stator/can sizes as reference, the Tacon 160 would be in the same “class” (stator size) as the 6364 SK3. Then there’s the Torqueboards motors which throw some of that convention out the window by using larger stators, in 6355 sized motors, for example. From measuring with my own two hands:

Motor / Stated can size / Actual stator length Tacon 160 / 6364 / 35mm stator Turnigy SK3 / 6354 / 25mm stator Turnigy SK3 / 6364 / 35mm stator Turnigy SK3 / 6374 / 45mm stator Torqueboards / 6355 / 30mm stator

Isn’t this fun?! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

For sure a money pit, worth it if I can eventually get it running. Thanks for all the info

1 Like

2 Likes

63mm right there :point_up_2:…thus 6374 motor (stator notwithstanding)

1 Like

Not sure what to make of all the info. The motors “fit” during a quick mock up, but its real tight and not sure when everything gets tightened down if this will work.

• I figured the Yuneec ECU wasn’t going to work. Im totally fine with buying two new ESC’s. I’m jus concerned about having to program them? Im not the most computer savvy person.

• I give all you credit! You guys are on top of the E-Board game. I appreciate all the info

2 Likes