French regulation update is killin us!

Hi @tk463, Lacroix Nazare model, it’s an amazing board, Alex is doing some upgrade to fix issues with lights and waterproof cap (power) that on first model was leaving very easily with vibration. The remote command is a Flipsky/VX1.

Next upgrade will include backlight, Alex promise to forward it to me also in a couple of weeks.

Lonestar should be a good choice as Nazare is very heavy when you have to carry it. Both are very powerfull and range are much more than expected and my weight is 95 kg, so i load it when I am riding!

I will notice you when a patched setting for regulation approval will be available.

From my point of view, the best thing to do is to forward your expectation about French regulation to Alex thru its website. Alex answered to my questions most of the time in less than 48 hours of delay (timezone edge effect, business/non business day)…

you seem to be French citizen, so if you want you can forward thru PM your email or phone we will exchange.

Fred alias @Pura-Vida

Anything new on this?

Private discussion with them, they will deliver a tutorial/fix soon. I am out of home for my job since two weeks and overloaded and far away from my board and my 6 inches mobile is my unique internet connection I prefer to spent my time off to do sports and looking for alternative or workaround.

It seems that FOCBOX will never deliver parameter switching w/o external assistance (metr) nor vx1 will never do the job. Vx2 connected to FOCBOX won’t permit to collect speed nor other information from vesc as enertion did not permit it by design and won’t control max speed limitation.

So from my understanding:

1. I am setting erpm settings into focbox to limit to 25kph w/o metro board. And only one setting is available (as Focbox programing requires USB-C cable connection)
  2. I am buying a metr pro and configure it with several profiles. And switch using my phone to one mode to another one…

It depends how LaCroix will support it, but I will do one of this workaround with LaCroix approval only.

So how is the lay of the land in france now? Everybody happy, or is the government and police being assholes? I think they have more stuff to worry about than a few skateboards hehe

1 Like