[gauging interest] Evolve BMS Group Buy

Looks rad - does it require any particular motors/vesc’s?

works with any esc

1 Like

Except Evolves I’d imagine lol. I still have my 2 Focboxes from a BKB purchase last fall, but I never got to setting it up since I hate the remote. This would solve that particular problem.

correct,

It has a battery monitoring fuction

waterproof remote can show 3-14s battery voltage if connect the receiver to BATT+.

The customer can adjust “2. Batt” (3.2V/S or 3.7V/S) and “3. Batt. Num” (1-14s) according to their battery.

And because the battery voltage indicator has 10% tolerance. So it’s better to set batt number 1S less than actual battery S. (For example, if your battery is 3.7V, 6S, it’s better to set remote Batt.Num to 5.)

Because manufacturers can’t be bothered dealing with small fry consumers, it’s just not worth it to them. They want to sell volume on the wholesale market. It is a completely different ballgame having to deal with thousands of customers who order 1 unit each vs 10 customers who order 10000 each.

This is one of the reasons Enertion struggles at times. They are trying to both manufacture and retail at the same time.

1 Like

very true, I see what Jason is doing like a hard trail, but one that will place him in a manufacturers position and out of the retail soon, Man with a plan We are actually working with maytech and their engineers and they will be at the Colorado event to see first hand what we do with their products and how they can improve

2 Likes

That is something I really want! I will send you a pm about it.

At this moment I am working on battery like hobby. But if my goverment (Belgium) accept a new law about starting a business. I can start taking much bigger orders. Also for a smaller price because I will start to buy in bulk. I was also thinking off buying a cnc welder so I can speed up my buildtime. I want that everybody in the EU can buy a better pack then Chinees ones for almost the same price. + faster shipping then China :slight_smile:

If the new law is accepted, I was thinking of starting a small kick start project. I like Samsung 30q so all packs would have that. I was thinking off 10s3p (single layer cells), 10s4p (single or dual layer cells), 12s4p (single or dual layer cells) with a 60-80A bms with e switch. If there is interest in such a kick start project and I can start my own business (at this moment it cost me 18500 euro to start a business, that is excluding notary costs & insurance & materials) With the new law I have the possibility to start a company for 5000 euro that is excluding notary costs & insurance & materials.

if I have the opportunity to reduce costs through a kickstart project, I will definitely do that.

If that BMS is working good I am maybe willing to add also a evolve upgrade pack to the kickstart list.

This needs to happen but i don’t have $5K for evolve BMSs either, and you still have to machine the decks for all of the bamboos, even the GTX. Like others are saying, this is well beyond group buy territory.

I could maybe buy 20 of them.

My advice would be to either find somebody with $5K and set up shop with him/her or do a preorder and risk not reaching your funding goal.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Kit: Great work finding them!

Might I bring up some discussion:

Evolve physical Bluetooth module looks consistent with other generic Bluetooth BMS. The style and features look similar as well.

However software could be read differently by the remote and perhaps to ESC as well.

Best to request a sample of one 1st (they’ll request DHL /UPS account). Good to verify if they’re compatible.

If so sign me up for 50x.

20190116_212024

2 Likes

You joined 29 minutes ago and you want to buy 50 BMS’s?

Interesting.

4 Likes

A friend referenced me to this forum, I’ve been after these for a while.

See your interest, no sarcasm.

Also Kit:

If you wish not to initiate the group buy, I can. I have funds. Redistribution shipping will be a nightmare if everyone only wishes to buy 1 or 2.

However I greatly urge to get a sample first test, very common practice.

2 Likes

If there are guys in the Eu who wants only 1-2 bms. I am willing to ship them from Belgium. I am doing the same with the maytech groupbuy

1 Like

I have already purchased 10 last year as a test purchase, delivered via DHL; I currently am running 3 BMS in my own built batteries, which properly connect to my R2. The software is the correct one, though I do not know if Evolve made any major changes recently since then.

I have also built/sold 3 batteries to some friends as well; one of them uses his board daily to ride to work, about 15 miles, over the last year.

As far as I can tell, these are the legit BMS devices used by Evolve.

If this does gain traction, so far:

Me - 10 or 20 @longhairedboy - 20 @Stutter.gram - 50 @pjotr47 - 1/2 so far @Jaydawg56 - 1/2

I do have funds to initiate a buy but it is quite a steep price for one person. I would like to ensure that everything is worked out regarding logistics and redistribution. We could do the bulk buys for people in our areas, or for a personal battery building business, in order to reduce the logistics issue; I am in SoCal, lhb is in Floridaland, and @pjotr47 is in Belgium. If we could get 50 units to regional battery-modders, it might make this more doable.

If we ask enough people in each area, on or off the forum, who confirm they would like a battery with the BMS pre-built in, then we can more easily determine how many BMS’s should be sent to each of us for our areas.

Considering that this is a somewhat highly-sought after item, I would also most likely need to figure out how much to charge for the time/effort made to locate the manufacturer, make the purchase, and re-ship the items to each major builder/area.

1 Like

I’m in Denver, Co. =).

Cool, let us know when to send you the funds.

Again, I don’t mind fronting the bill to get this shipped now.

I just shot them an email to see if I could reduce the quantity to 150 units. We’ll need to wait a day to get a reply from them due to time differences, but Ill keep this post updated.

1 Like

Watch out for CNY. First half of February will be holidays

2 Likes

It sounds like you are more sensible than I first thought. I bet that once you factor everything else in, you will end up selling the BMS for the same price that Evolve does. Even then it will not be worth your time. How are you going to handle

• Warranty
  • Lost in shipping (expect to lose 2-5%)
  • customs
  • payment processing fees

The list goes on.

He can get to 100 pieces easily, with about 6 people.

And $120 is probably what they are worth, so he can literally add $5 per bms to cover time/fuckups and be sitting comfortable with $500

2 Likes