[gauging interest] Evolve BMS Group Buy

Thanks for the compliment…

I do not believe I will be able to provide warranty. I am not exactly a business owner. However, I can see about ensuring that each product sent out is confirmed to be working with a video recording sent to the buyer. If it fails upon startup after delivery for some reason, I could consider replacing it. But if it stops working in 6 months, that is another story.

If it is lost in shipping, it depends on the shipping service. I assume insurance can be purchased, or if the buyer can provide email proof of sorts to prove it was lost in shipping, we can work on sending a replacement at discount. I wouldn’t exactly be responsible for the shipping service not being able to ship a product, but I think I can provide an option to purchase shipping insurance if it is a concern for buyers.

Customs - I would like to reduce the chance of an issue occurring by shipping the BMS’s in bulk to a single regional battery modder who can then offer to sell the BMS to the buyer.

Processing fees - like, my price for handling all of this? If this gains traction, I would have to determine the cost.

People are willing to buy these at $120-$100 each. But even so, that price is too much imo. If I obtain these, I would intend to sell them retail at the Evolve price of $60 each. For those who contribute to purchase a certain amount at the bulk , the price would likely be $20 with some processing fees on my end. I personally intend to profit off of the processing, but mainly from selling the 20 or so that I intend to purchase for myself.

The rest of the units that were bought in bulk by regional modders, can be sold by them again at the $60 price. What do you guys think about that though?

TBH things like this is why I posted this to the group - to see how feasible these prices would be to everyone, for such a large purchase.

@Stutter.gram is legit. He’s good people.

i’m also interested. Can i have 2?

I also found the producer! image|281x500 let me try to get it at lower price.

@benjiminhugh what model number is the evolve bms? I cant seem to find it on their website.

I find it hard to believe that it already has the right firmware on it for the evolve esc. it is really good for the community that someone has found it. (the evolve bms)

This is not listed on their website. The produce name is on the back of board lol. image

3 Likes

Ah ok. what do you think are my chances of getting one or two as a “sample” lol and will I have to send them back?

i’m talking to them. they said they offer me 100rmb for one bms. it’s about 15 dollar. if i buy more it can be cheaper.

that’s an awesome price compared to evolve. are you sure its just plug and play? does it have the firmware on it?

Oh yeah, I never said he’s not. I literally meant interesting since I’ve never seen something like that before.

Found them late last night too.

Took some Google translating. Then googling in Chinese to find it.

http://www.sz-supower.com.cn/en/products_12.html

1 Like

Btw cancel my order I’ll just go direct. Testing more BMS they have to offer.

1 Like

Great! Are they willing to sell test BMS’s then? I believe they are willing to sell them in that regards, but I am not sure if they are willing to sell anything at the size of a group buy. Any idea if they gave you a different response compared to mine?

It is plug and play, and the firmware works with the evolve ESC. if @Stutter.gram is able to get any units from them, we might be able to buy them at a more manageable number as well. Although, it looks different from the Evolve BMS? I can’t say for certain, but the wiring looks different. We will have to test one to be certain.

I just got a response from the manufacturer as well - I am able to make a purchase at 150 units as of now.

However, thanks to @Stutter.gram, we also have the site they use (I could never find it lol - I just found the email of a salesperson, after finding a number). It provides the emails for several sales associates. I believe we can order from them directly, instead of dealing with the hassle of doing a group buy. I have sent an email with the link that @Stutter.gram used, inquiring if a purchase of 5 can be made.

While I tested the BMS last year & confirmed that it works with the Evolve ESC and R2, I cannot say if the same works with this batch, although I am confident it will. I will update the thread if I can get an order of 5 - or more - going instead. This would be much better than a group buy imo.

Although, the picture in the link does not match the evolve controller exactly - the wiring looks different? Anyone able to make a comparison, if they have a BMS lying around?

So the ones evolve uses are not on the website. Has to be a special inquiry. I found this site a long while ago but for some reason I did not pursue them due to it not being listed (silly me).

I’m curious to get the datasheets and see other options they list. Even though the ESC is the weak part of the board, the BMS can definitely be better.

1 Like

Ok, I think we are still looking better than before though - my contact informed me that we can certainly make the purchase, by the CNY will delay the delivery until mid March. 150 units can be purchased though. We have almost 100 here, and I can vouch for their usability.

1 Like

Evole does not sell them.

1 Like