Gear Drive Electric Skateboard Drive train

Tkp is the way forward for now. If you can make one part for your self that will be good. It’s essentially the clamp for the truck and the bearing shaft combined. I will send you the files when I know the measurements are correct

You can be the dummy if you can do that. I can send the rest of the stuff that you need

5 Likes

I only have Rkp’s, 218s, and matrix 2 trucks rn :frowning:

218mm TB? That works

1 Like

Yea, it’s what I’m running on my Hummie deck rn

It raining gear drives on the forum right now! What a time to be alive.

7 Likes

Yep lol, I have worked on that 3 gear drive for a long time and made a thread about it, but people just started to talk about random stuff lol

1 Like

Yea, I have been waiting to see an update on this for a while now

1 Like

If the 3 gear drive is longer, this means that the clamp has to be wider to compensate? Also, shouldn’t 3 gear drive be much more reliable due to less force on each gear? Or I might be totally wrong

The clamp for the truck? Its plenty wide, 16mm iirc. Mounted on the outside

Don’t know, testing will tell

Also with the 3 gear drive, the footprint is like the same size as a typical motor mount that doesnt have idlers. And has a total width of 25mm.

3 Likes

Please don’t pin the testing on me entirely, I’ll get some miles on it for sure but at any point I can lose all hope of riding with a one year old and a three year old directing my days :joy:

Replied to the wrong person. This was for you @moon

2 Likes

I’m really digging the three gear sir… it’s really small looking for my small wheels i miss. I’m one of those Tonka truck wheel haters …no more then 90mm max for me I dig 77mm to 85…don’t get me wrong I love monster trucks tho I’m pumped to see this big time and what’s the over all weight of it and would there be a option to buy a single gear drive

2 Likes

I do know that @moon 3 gear design was to cater to those who either wants more clearance or simply running a small diameter wheel

3 Likes

I’ll just take it as you telling @moon to put me in the testing group as well

3 Likes

I’m so interested to see this big time can we get a SEISMIC SPEED VENTS adapter… for some sliding wheels …rain wheels…fuckn ROMAN CANDLES…please pretty please

1 Like

And it begins! Lol :smile:

5 Likes

Looks good! As always, I’m happy to try to 3d print some parts and test it out on TB218’s if you want to share the STL’s.

Anyone ever make a “Dyno” for bench testing? That could be useful for finding out drivetrain losses…

1 Like

Weight depends on the material choices. Like very heavily.

What’s the diameter of the wheels

1 Like

Yeah no it’s fine. By the time I send you the file I will know the concept will work and you testing it just confirms that the clamp works etc.

Enertion does a Dyno but without telemetry, only to simulate load Screenshot_20181029-143845

2 Likes