Go dual or buy a FullFace helmet? (i’ve already got a moto one)

So im almost done completing my first board and i cant make up my mind on this last part, should i spend the money and go dual 6374’s or buy a TSG Pass and go single 6374? if i go dual i have a motorcycle helmet i can wear but i hear that might not be a good idea considering weight and field of view… so what should i do?

(i cant afford both right now, so what i end up going with is what i’ll have to live with for 3-4 months)

and for reference (or whatever else) this is my motorcycle helmet that i’d be using for the for seeable future if i dont get a tsg: 051915-AGV-AX-8-EVO-Naked-f-633x388

(AGV Evo 8 Naked)

Dual and use the MC helmet until next year :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Go with the helmet. You can always get another motor but you can’t get another head.

7 Likes

go dual and buy a skating helmet for 10$ if you have some skating skills if not a helmet

6 Likes

What kind of board and how hilly is your area?

2 Likes

depending on your skills and if you have ever skated you can get a brain bucket type helmet that will be better then nothing. how fast do you plan on going on the board?

3 Likes

Im using this board BlazerV2_TopMount_MuirSkate-600x600

and im in Illinois so, flat as hell.

1 Like

ive never touched a board before… but i have had my board for about a month now and ive been getting used to it as much as i can. and i plan on cruising at like 15-20mph probably.

not even a non powered longboard or skateboard? if that is the case maybe get full face helmet.

1 Like

maybe go dual 6355’s then and buy a helmet

also isn’t it hot as a mofo out there? the tsg doesn’t have great ventilation with the visor down maybe look at a full face mountain bike helmet it’ll have a lot of breathing vents

1 Like

totally agree , I had a full face BEFORE my first eboard even arrived (and I’ve skated ~34 years!) I saw what happened to Kevin Pearce (snowboarder) - Wikipedia don’t risk your ability to skate just to go faster!

I find the “tsg pass syndrome” the most intriguing. Any good helmet is up for the job. If you own a motorcycle helmet use it. Unless It is a very low quality one It will be better than the tsg. I use the same helmet i had for my electric bikes.

6 Likes

i rock a basic skate helmet from walmart… better than nothing and safety first, plus youll have the extra coin up front for the dual

1 Like

Its actually been really nice the past few month surprisingly. and i already have a 6374 motor so its too late to go 6355’s… the full face mountain bike helmet is something i may consider but i really like the small size of the TSG, always found dirt style helmets a bit big.

1 Like

Holy shit I have the EXACT SAME deck

1 Like

i’m really leaning towards just using my motorcycle helmet tbh… i did some research about why its a bad idea to use a MC on a board but i mean, if my MC helmet can save me flying off my bike at 80mph+ i should be find taking a tumble off a board going 20-30 right?..

2 Likes

Haha i know :grin: your setup actually helped me out quite a bit when i was trying to figure out how it’ll all look/work out when its done :joy: you’re the only other person i’ve found thats using this board

1 Like

I got a double certified helmet from zumiez before I finished my board and when I took my hard fall a month ago it definitly saved my life.

2 Likes

Going dual is also a safety improvement, as braking is so much better with two motors. That’s the most important gain with 2 imo. Insufficient braking power could also kill you. A good helmet is a must though :thinking:

3 Likes

Go dual, Having stronger more reliable brakes is a good safety feature :smiley:

2 Likes